The Mill Hotel
Priceline
US$93
PremierInn.com
1,646 results
All reviewscanal boatreal ale bardinner cruisecanaletto restaurantbusiness roomoverlooking the canalclub roomcity centrepremier roomdinner dancecar parkbar priceshealth clubbreakfast was buffet stylespa facilitieslovely hotelbar area
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel lastnight, rooms very small but clean and need updating. Poor breakfast, it would be nice if staff at least acknowledged you, we paid £75 worst money I've ever spent on a hotel room. i know a lot of people that have used this hotel and have been pleased with it. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe the spa is the good thing about this hotel, but we didn't get the chance To use it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nofrillsboxer
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Just got back from a weekend break. The hotel is centrally located to Chester. The hotel itself has quirky rooms which seem to fit around the large iron Mill stabilisers. It has a good atmosphere and we ended up in the reception area each night drinking the night away with other hotel guests. I'd like to thank Maretta who always made a point of coming over for chat to ensure everything was ok for our party.
The food was excellent, plus we used the offer of £22 for a 3 course meal - couldn't of been served any better at a mitchelin starred resteraunt.
Just one point our room was above the bar, which carried on into the early hours so if you wanted to sleep before 2 am this would of been an issue.
I didn't get chance to experience the spa - but it looked really nice.
Will be going back, this time with hubby in tow:)

Room Tip: Probably above 2 nd floor - only due to the bar
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel last weekend (Fri 1 March - Sun 3 March) with 12 of my friends for my 'hen' weekend. What can I say...if it wasn't for the hotel and its staff (& my friends) my weekend could have been a disaster. My extra, extra special thanks to Maretta who is such a kind and lovely person. The company I had booked the weekend through - Release Travel - are a joke and cancelled our scheduled pre-arranged (& paid for) activities of Salsa lesson and cocktail making/tapas meal on the Friday afternoon by text. They had not paid for our accomodation until last Wednesday and payment was only made when they tried to make another booking & Mill hotel staff requested payment for my weekend. My friends more than rallied round and with the help of the hotel, staff & especially Maretta the weekend turned out to be absolutely fantastic! We are already planning our next trip there and would recommend it to anyone. Fantastic central location too. The meal, music & dancing on the Friday night in the hotel's restaurant was exceptional value & the food itself was beyond delicious. Breakfast fab :-).
The quality and personal skills of Maretta & her staff make this hotel one of the best places & holiday experiences I have ever had.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Just come back from a weekend at this hotel with a group of friends. The food in the restaurant was good and well priced and we enjoyed the spa facilities. A few minutes walk to the shops and nightlife but fairly quiet on site so location was perfect. What set this apart was the wonderful team of people on reception. When we had problems with activities we'd organised through a separate agent (don't ever use Release Travel!!) they did everything they could to put things right, helped us make alternative arrangements and kept checking on us throughout the weekend to make sure we were having a good time. Maretta and her staff - thank you! I wouldn't hesitate to book again here. Yes, some of the rooms need a bit of a makeover but it didn't detract from an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: the fifth floor is the place to be.
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Booked for three nights for a birthday .The room was good and the spa looked the same, great location .The breakfast was a typical buffet .The bar staff could do with teaching of how to treat customers which was a shame the jazz band fantastic on the monday night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple