“Chester's Best Coffee”

Jaunty Goat Coffee
Ranked #1 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was introduced into the whole coffee 'scene' when living in London and was a bit disappointed that when moving home to the North I had to make do with the really bland offerings of the regular high street chain coffee stores. In reality I just stopped going out for coffee.

So I was more than happy a few months ago when I discovered the Jaunty Goat in the town centre. I'd quite happily eat/drink anything they offer and am now a regular visitor to what I think is the best coffee shop in Chester! The Jaunty Goat doesn't offer as many roasts or varieties of coffee as the bigger coffee houses I have visited, but for what it does do it holds it's own against the coffee stores of London/Bath. Ed and all of his staff are really friendly and welcoming. I couldn't recommend highly enough. PS I recommend the Dual Bar BarCake (it will make sense at the till what one is).

1  Thank Daniel O

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Some of the best coffee we have had for a long time - an excellent latte and smooth flat white. Rich and satisfying. A good selection of cakes but not so good on the paninis - they admitted to being a bit behind schedule that morning. Great service and a lovely atmosphere - well recommended.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Jaunty Goat! A name so strange
To kick start my brain. I must engage
And go inside to explore
Such a funny name for a coffee store.

'Well Sir.' A smiling face explains
'Coffee does ease my aches and pains
But a goat once chewed upon some beans so raw
That into the sky his spirit did soar.
And from such actions both strange and wild
We brew our coffee, both strong and mild.'

So next you see The Jaunty Goat, go inside, take off your coat.
Sit upon the tractor seat. Be served by waitresses polite and neat
And let your spirits soar and float.
And be as one with the Jaunty Goat

Rod Brookfield

1  Thank ChesterRod
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Seriously, Jaunty Goat?! I salute the namer of this fine establishment. Not only have they captured the hearts and imagination of the people of Chester, but they also consistently provide finely roasted beans brewed into an exquisite cup of joe. As Spinal Tap once turned it to 11, so the Jaunty Goat follows in the baristas equivalent.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited Saturday morning, lovely latte and a great chicken and bacon panini. Free WiFi with great surroundings.
Definitely recommend.