“Hotel is what you would expect from PI, but the restaurant is shocking”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the second time I have stopped here in a couple of months, the first time was awful but I put it down as a one off, but the second visit confirmed it.....its awful.

The hotel and staff are good and are what you would expect from a Premier Inn but the restaurant is awful, the staff try hard but on both occasions there have been drunks stood at the bar with no attempt to get rid of them, (loud and harassing other customers), the food is average and the place needs a thorough clean and redecorate. Breakfast was shocking, I had to make my own coffee from sachets on the first stay, the coffee was better on the second stay but on both occasions, I had to ask for service/order breakfast. the toaster tray had not been correctly assembled, when I pointed it out, I was given a pair of tongs and told "fish it out with those". the toaster later caught fire. I will not stop here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Phil J
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here on business, hotel not to bad, staff good and friendly but you could hear people snoring in other rooms. The restaurant was not up to much we had to order the breakfast which was very slow coming and by then the toast was cold.
I would not recommend this Premier Inn it is not of the same standard as the others I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank colin_williams
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Firstly I have stayed in a lot of Premier Inns on business. Generally they are good value and you get what you expect.

From the off, directions are wrong! Knowhere even close. Wild goose chase through local housing estates and back streets. Maybe the TomTom but the receptionist confirmed that the instructions aren't "very good".

The room was OK. Small for a family room, but as you would expect from an older Premier Inn. Clean and tidy but is nearing redecorating. No coffee or milk in the room, but that was solved by a trip to reception and a "sorry".

The pub next door is the let down. Dirty tables and sticky carpets. Fayre & Square. Never encountered one before. The menu is complex to say the least. Lots of meal deals but you have no idea how much anything actually costs. I imagine the training course for the staff in how to explain it to customers must be interesting.

The pictures on the menu bare no relationship to the food served. My burger was OK, didn't taste of much, but the 6 chips were very lonely on the large plate. When I asked the staff about them, I was told I could order some more!

Reasonable nights sleep but woken by squeaky floor boards. Others were up before me, that's part of hotels I suppose.

I wasn't expecting much from breakfast, normally Premier Inns shining glory, and I wasn't disappointed. No bowls for cereal, no yogurts, no croissants, no fruit salad, no orange juice. Instant coffee in sachets. When asked about the advertised Costa coffee the reply was the machine is out of order. The staff were drinking coffee out of it and it was working the evening before. The cooked breakfast wasn't as much as you like, it was as little as we can serve.

We stayed as a family for two nights. Our second evening we went out for a meal elsewhere. Again there was no coffee or milk in the room on our return. Again solved by reception. Prior to this we had collected some drinks from the pub to enjoy in our room, no problems with the Costa coffee machine.

Breakfast day two was slightly better. At least the full compliment of buffet was on offer. Cooked breakfast was a repeat of as little as can be put on a plate. Again instant coffee. Again the machine is out of order. The duty manager took exception to being informed that it was working last night, and about 5 minutes ago when the staff used it to make their own!

Premier Inn are normally very reliable. Hopefully this one is the bad penny.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very good hotel to stay , easy in easy out
Great staff and the pub adjoined to the hotel was first class and very reasonable , 4 meals and 6 or so drinks was less then 40 pounds ster
I'd stay there every time I'd stay in Chester

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne_1 O
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your review view of our hotel.

We are always pleased to hear when a guest leaves happy and wishes to return.

We look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards
Karen Dale

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Arrived Sunday afternoon ,Staff were very helpful .the rooms were very clean and comfortable but there was a odd smell coming from somewhere.Even though we were on the first floor facing the main car park we did not get disturbed.We went in to the public house next door for our evening meal . We were disappointed ,The interior was very run down,The carpets were dirty and not a chair matched generally needs a full refurbishment to bring it up to the same standards as the Premier inn.I am only giving it a rating of 3 because of the public house.Tip If you want a meal nip across the road to Morrisons super market.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Choose this hotel because the one in Chester city was full. I couldn't find any fault with this hotel, service at reception was excellent and as you would expect the rooms comfortable. The reason why i only gave this 3* is because pub used to have your breakfast was very poor, not what i was expecting.. from the minute you walked in the door you could tell it was very dis-organised. No bowls for your cereal, no spoons and no glasses for your juice. You had to go and find what you wanted. The cooked breakfast was very poor, under cooked eggs and cremated bacon. I was really disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On my visits to Chester I always stay at this hotel. The accommodation is excellent and very clean; the beds and pillows are exceptionally comfortable. The staff are amazingly helpful and go out of their way to be of assistance to a disabled guest; the Reception staff are very welcoming. There is a spacious, free car park. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

My only criticism is that the telephones have been removed from the bedrooms. It would be most helpful if they were restored as a link to and from Reception.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Karen D, Manager at Premier Inn Chester Central North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

It is always lovely to hear that our hardworking team are meeting the high standard of customer care we expect, and your comments shall be passed on to them.

We look foward to your next visit.

K Dale