“Another great inn”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Durham, United Kingdom
“Another great inn”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

From arrival to leaving the staff were top rate and nothing was a problem. We booked early and got a very good price for our 3 night stay for a short break. I first used Premier Inns some 16 years ago and have never been disappointed, in fact I think they are better now with the breakfasts that keep you going for a few hours. The on site Restaurant staff were excellent and very friendly, my only fault was the chips did not go down well.

Room Tip: I asked for quiet rooms on the top floor and that was what we got, right at the end of the corridor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this premier in on the 14th sept 2013. I've got to say the staff are fantastic, very friendly, the cleaners do a fantastic job the room was spotless!.
And the breakfast was very good in the pub next door, a taxi only cost £5.00, into the town centre. The only thing Bad I can say we booked this hotel not knowing the Chester races were on, I've no interest in horse raceing at all, but the price rocketed up to £98 for us. I know it's busy when the raceing is on but to put the price up just for the raceing is a bit naughty ! And by so much. I know all the hotels do it but is not on. Overall I will go back there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 night break in Chester where we stayed at the Premier Inn Chester Central. The whole place is so clean and our room was really nice and the bedding crisp and fresh. Although we only used the shower, the bathroom was so clean that, had I wanted to use the bath, I would not have no hesitation in using it. The staff were friendly, cheerful and extremely helpful.
We ate next door at The Twirl of Hay which is part of the Brewers Fayre chain - the breakfast was good and plentiful and the evening meal was tasty and reasonably priced.
There is a Sainburys very nearby for petrol and any shopping and also - practically just over the road - is a Park and Ride into the city centre.
All in all a very enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate to stay there again. One small minus, and it is only a small minus, I think the provision of a small mini fridge in the rooms in which to keep cold drinks would just make the stay even better. But on the whole - great!

england
Reviewed 13 September 2013

just stayed for 3nites 10th to 13th sep stay there generally twice a yr, nice friendly staff, clean alround premire inn parking can be a problem but you can use the twirl of hay next door, twirl of hay do nice buffet nites. room was clean but bed very hard indeed asked wendy 1 of the cleaners cud she mek up the single bed, in which she did within hours of me asking, double bed was awful for 2 to sleep in every time I turned over my partner was disturbed,that was room 36, ist time ive ever at to mention anything, but wont knock me of going again nov

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this Premier before, it is convenient to Chester but far enough away from the centre noise and traffic.A Restaurant on site with usual fare, good friendly staff and good service. But across the road is a Sainsbury supermarket with a cafe, we all had breakfast there about £4/£5 a head much better value that the on site restaurant. We were in a car club and driving around North Wales and this Premier is ideally suited if you want to explore the surrounding area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
staffordshire
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Booked on the morning of our stay, last minute meet up with my twin sister, easy to find , park and ride next door for ride into chester just 2 miles away . £1.00 return. Jess on reception very welcoming , we were in room 5 on the ground floor , was abit worried at first about facing onto main road but was surprised how quite it was through the night. Handy sainsbury across the road , to get you biscuites to go with your tea.! Would stay again if in that area.

Room Tip: This hotel is on 2 floors and have 96 rooms . But did, nt feel big .
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Chester-le-street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Can fully recommend this Inn. Room and bathroom was immaculate. Staff very helpfull. We had a meal at the Brewers Fayre next door which was also good. Across the road from the inn is a garage for topping up the car and also a Sainsbury's with a restaurant should you prefer to eat there. I can't fault our stay.