“Okay apart from after stay”

Premier Inn Chester Central (South East) Hotel
Ranked #9 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed in this premier inn for one night with my boyfriend. Everything was great- service was good as well as the hotel being very quiet.
I noticed that I had left a big bottle of tresseme shampoo (cost around £5) as well as some shower gel from the shop 'lush' which also cost £5. I rang to see if I could pick them up and was told they were probably 'thrown away'. Not happy about this as they are expensive makes and the bottle was full so I find it hard to believe they were thrown away and more likely someone has nabbed them. I know that this does happen as I know people who have worked in premier inns. If this is the respect paying customers are shown then I will never be staying at one again. Such a shame as it was overall a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Rebecca147
Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I read the reviews prior to our journey. They we accurate . Park and ride to Chester 10 min walk. £2.00 return. Brewers Fayre next door was good value. Staff all round very friendly and informative. Chester is beautiful. Get a walking tour map it is excellent, it gives fab information about the town and buildings.Chester Zoo is worth a visit regardless of your age it would be advisable to take a packed lunch. North Wales is within very easy reach

Room Tip: We were on the main road, even so our sleep was not affected
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We use Premier Inns regularly and this one didn't let us down. Usual comfortable and clean rooms.Had a ground floor room but no road noise. Location good, a 30 minute walk to the river. Friendly reception staff and a good on site restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed there with my wife & sister (2 rooms) last weekend and could not really fault anything. Had stayed at a Premier Inn before and this one more than met up to my expectations. Room was very clean, tidy and well equipped (this one even had a wall mounted large screened Samsung TV which I didn't expect). The staff were very good and helpful during the stay. Gave us a map to go shopping in Chester showing where car parks were etc. The only negative point I had was that the available car parking for the hotel wasn't enough for the number of rooms (they were full though). However, I was able to park at the pub alongside hotel.
The Brewers Fayre (Twirl of Hay) pub alongside the hotel was as expected regarding food but the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

You can't beat the Premier Inn Chester Central - South East for good value. This is my second visit and on each occasion the service in all areas was excellent. Friendly welcoming staff at reception and in the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was very good and you couldn't fault the quality of the food. My room was also of a very high,up to date standard. Everywhere was clean and well laid out. The bed was very comfortable. I simply cannot recommend this Premier Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, have stayed in 2 other hotels in Chester which have been reviewed on this site. So decided to try this.
It was one night for work. When I arrived the car park was very busy, everyone seems to drive as close to the door.
Check in quick easy and efficient girl who checked me in very pleasant.
Rooms are clean and fresh they look recently decorated. Brand new huge TV in the room. Bathroom clean and tidy. Now doing pillow menu which is a good step forward.
Slept well.
Would happily stay here again!
Corporately they need to do a reward programme! That's my own negative thing with the brand overall.
Will stay again when I'm in Chester.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed over after a trip to Chester Zoo. Good first impressions, the hotel is only a short drive away, so highly recommended for location. On arrival, the hotel looked good, as most Premier Inn's. We had a family room, the room presented immaculately. The staff are a great asset to this hotel,a friendly bunch, all polite and nothing is too much trouble, particularly at reception Amy and Helen - thanks. The Brewers Fayre next door is ok for meals and breakfast. Again, decent bunch of staff, thanks again to Sam and Steph.
Overall, I'd stay here again and I'd recommend this hotel without doubt.

Room Tip: Recently refurbished, so I'm sure they're all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family