Premier Inn Chester Central (South East) Hotel
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 children for a night away, love premier inn as good value for money, unfortunately left it late to book so didn't get the best rate. Hotel in good position, visited Cheshire oaks first day before checking in, we planned on going into Chester for meal on the night but Brewers Fayre next door was good value, free refills on kids drinks and good menu choice, also saved on 10 pounds return taxi fare. Meal was good, arrived quickly and as pub meals go worth every penny. Staff very helpful. Breakfast the next morning also good value. We used park and ride which was very nearby to go into Chester before returning home. Lots to see in Chester attraction wise which we didn't have time for. We will return but book in advance for cheaper rates and stay 2 nights. I booked this hotel on reviews from trip advisor and I'm glad I did !!!

Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Chester Central (South East) Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel at an excellent price. Nice clean rooms with all the facilities that you require and really friendly helpful staff. Lots of free parking. The adjacent pub is very pleasant and offers excellent food. The only minor downside is that its a taxi ride into Chester and there are no other pubs or restaurants close by . There is a large Sainsbury's opposite which is handy but nothing else locally. Having said that its only a short taxi ride and quite cheap and Chester is well worth a visit. Indeed we have stayed here three times now and will definately do so again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here for a weekend trip to Chester. Whilst it is 'out of town' to a degree the taxi into the centre is only £5 and arrived very quickly and efficiently on each occasion we used them. We could not have had a more cheerful and happy welcome from the reception staff who showed a real interest in us and our reasons for visiting Chester. This was more than I would expect from what is deemed a budget hotel. Pre-paid for the breakfast which was varied and plentiful with all of the staff we came across during our 2 night stay being courteous and friendly both in the Premier Inn and also the Brewers Fayre next door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

On a business trip I had a terrible journey from Cardiff to Chester on the train and completely threaders when I arrived. Vicky welcomed me like my own mother and went out of her way to look after me. Her staff are friendly, professional and brilliantly helpful. It might be in a days work for them, but when my day was falling apart, they helped out it back together again. Thank you!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Going to Chester for a few days to visit family, we booked the same room that we had previously. The room had been updated, with a new wall hung flat screen TV and the bathroom had also been refurbished. The staff were all welcoming and the stay was very enjoyable.The choice at breakfast and dinner was very good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very clean and very well presented establishment, with very polite friendly staff, Yes I would return, but only if I did not have a room with windows facing the road, Early Sunday morning 3am to 4am you could hear the traffic on the road that runs along side the hotel and it got worse as time went by, until it was time to get up.( I am a light sleeper that is perhaps why I was disturbed so much) this is my only gripe else other wise yes, I would stay here again. I did mentioned this to reception when checking out, and I was told secondary glazing is being installed this year. So thumbs up then for when it is installed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have stayed here umpteen times though not for the last couple of years. So it was great that two of the reception staff remembered me, even commenting on my hair. It made me feel quite welcome.I keep coming here because the standard of rooms, furnishing and comfort is very acceptable. There's always plenty of space in the rooms, the beds are comfy, there is adequate space for hanging clothes and, now, some drawer space, which seems to have been reinstated since last time. There's a vanity area for doing hair, and a desk and chair, if you want to use a laptop or do other work. If you happen to get a family room, there is a sofa in the room, which can be converted into a bed, but is otherwise kept as a sofa, and is very comfortable to lounge on. The restaurant is a few yards away and very convenient for getting meals and breakfast. There is plenty of parking available and there is much less overflow than there used to be. Location wise, its about 2 minutes drive to the A55, which can take you to North Wales or the M53/M56. There is fuel and a Sainsburys opposite and a bus stop just outside, from where it takes about 10 minutes to get into Chester. Despite this, there is little noise from traffic. The only real issue is wi-fi, as only 30 minutes is provided free a day (though you can pay for more). Also, though there is heating in the rooms, it can be difficult to get the room FEELING warm on a cold day. This may be due to the type of heating used.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo