“Excellent - Top Class”

Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Chester
wexford
“Excellent - Top Class”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Excellent hotel, wonderful friendly staff, especially Mary at the front desk, made us feel so wellcome after a long journey and was so helpful during our two night stay! Rooms were clean, airy and spacious. Bathroom and cleanliness throughout was impeccable. Twirl of hay resturant next door served wonderful, tasty meals.Will definately be back again.Excellent value! Could'nt ask for better.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ronnieWexford
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Chester East, responded to this review, 8 October 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, it is very important to us that we meet and exceed your expectations. We have a fantastic team here and they are committed to making sure all our guests have a great time during their stay. Thank you for your feedback it is very important us in our continued endeavour to meet all our guests requirements. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed in this Premier Inn in the Elton Service area off the M56 on Wednesday night this week with my husband. We were looking for a cheap, clean hotel within easy distance of Chester Zoo. Having booked online prior to the trip, I had a rate of £49 for the night (not a special offer rate, just standard). On arrival we were given the key (yes an actual key! Not a card!) to room number 25. The room was ok, big enough in size and seemed to be fairly clean, although there were one or two hairs on the bathroom floor. The bathroom also had the most horrible, cheapest toilet paper I've ever seen. I know it's a budget hotel and all, but come on. After a couple of minutes we noticed a loud buzzing/whining sound that we couldn't find the source of (possibly the extractor fan in the bathroom). Being light sleepers, we decided that it was too much to put up with all night and I went to the reception and asked to be changed. The receptionist put us in room 7 downstairs. As soon as we walked in there was that musty, damp smell of mould. The ceiling in the bathroom above the shower had black spots of mould on it and the grout on the tiles grimy and orange as well. The shower head was missing the plastic bit that regulates the flow, so the water just came out all over the place when you turned it on. There was a big orange stain or burn mark on the net curtain in the room, and cup stains on the window sill. Although the room was superficially clean, i.e. clean bath, clean cups and bed sheets, etc., it just felt very...grimy. Since we were both wrecked we decided that we would put up with it since it was just for one night. Throughout the night, we heard nothing but bangs and thumps from other rooms, the noise of other guests tv's and other guests themselves talking. Not shouting mind you, just talking. The walls were paper thin so you could hear everything. To top it all off, when I woke up the next morning I had several disgusting bites on my legs from some creature that had decided to nibble on me during the night. To say I was disgusted was an understatement.

I'm quite a fan of Premier Inn in general, and they are always my first choice when planning a UK trip. We had spent a very pleasant 3 nights previously in the Premier Inn at Trentham Gardens and found it to be just what I expect, quality at a decent price. However, this one has put me off considering PI unless they're in a more central location. It seems like being in a service area gives the ok for a hotel to be lacking in the basics like cleanliness and upkeep. For the rate I paid, compared to the quality I felt we received, I think I would have been better off spending less on a Travelodge down the road.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Chester East, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your stay at our Chester East hotel. At Premier Inn we take the service our guest receive very seriously and upon receipt of your booking details we will investigate your stay fully. We do apologise for the service your experienced, however please be assured you comments will be duly followed up. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay.
England
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My sister, friends and I stayed here for a wedding and it was perfect for the location!

Check in was simple and the staff were very pleasant, made the long car journey we had easier for all of us. Rooms were spacious, airy and comfortable, beds were so soft and clean, we had no trouble sleeping! Bathroom was clean and had plenty of large towels, with hair-dryer and free toilettes. There were also tea making facilities, for those of you who enjoy a cup of tea in bed.
There is also an eatery area across the way from the hotel, featuring breakfast needs and a Costa Coffee.

• Stayed June 2009
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Chester East, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your time with us, we are so pleased that our hotel and clean, comfortable rooms ensured your stay was a good. Our team members will be delighted to receive your feedback, our team our committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests and your feedback is so important to us in our continued endeavours to provide our guests with this service. Thanks again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Have just come back from a trip to Cheshire and had a really great stay in the Premier Inn near Elton, Chester. The staff (Sue) was great, nice to get a pleasant welcome! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Overall a really relaxing couple of days. Thanks for your effort!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank 43Stevenson
south yorks
Reviewed 27 July 2009

just come back from a nights stay at premier inn chester east , on a arrival the staff was so welcoming , we was given our keys to a family room and it was really spacious , very very clean plenty of fresh towels loads of hot water , and very comfortable beds, we all had a wonderful nights sleep , i really cant wait to stay again ,also the breakfast was beautiful , when i visit chester zoo again which will be very very soon i will stay at premier inn again, cant wait .

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
preston
Reviewed 17 May 2009

For the last five years I have lived in Preston and my partner north wales, so if we want to spend a night together, but also go to work on time the next morning this is the ideal location!!!

We must have stayed here on at least ten occasions and have never not been fully satisfied by the experience.

The rooms are completely clean.
The staff on duty are excellent.

If you have the opportunity have the breakfast at the service station next door. There is a special section for hotel users and the value is fantastic.

I hope to have many more pleasant stays at this hotel

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed 30 April 2009

After struggling to find a hotel in Chester City Centre I managed to find this Hotel just outside. I was really made up with the standard of the room we had. Extreamly clean, roomy, well priced & well decorated.. The staff were also very very helpfull and ensured our stay was fantastic!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkyB_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Days Inn Chester East
Gateway to Wales Hotel
Gateway to Wales Hotel
#32 of 44 in Chester
Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Chester East? Share your experiences!