“My Visit”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 25 December 2011

My visit to Chester May 2011 for 2nights.

Crowne Plaza is well located beside local bus park and within a few minutes walk
of city centre. The hotel is a modern hotel.
As we were touring in our own car and therefore required secure carparking. The hotel
offered under hotel parking which was excellent.
We were well received at reception and given, as booked, an executive room with
access to private bar and above all computer facilities to check on our next booking.
Executive bar is small and really uninviting, not that we used it.
Bedroom was excellent with flat screen TV and good size bathroom with plenty of towels etc..

Breakfast was buffet style,with an excellent veriety on the menu and no shortage
of pleasant staff.

Loung area is large, confortable and pleasant to sit in. Good bar menu is offered
with pleasant staff.

Would I stay there again, yes.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to read your comments regarding your stay with us here in Chester. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team who greatly appreciate customer feedback of this nature.
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chester

Reviewed 23 December 2011

My wife and I visited Chester for my birthday mid December and booked to stay for a night in the Crowne Plaza, having stayed previously. On this occasion the receptionist asked why we were in Chester and I said it was for my birthday at which point I was offered a complimentary bottle of wine, colour of my choice. I know some may scoff at this, but we thought it was a nice gesture, which added to our stay, which was appreciated.

This hotel is ideally situated as a base for exploring the city on foot, having parking and being centrally located. The extra's like entrance to the leisure facilities are icing on the cake, especially the steam roon when you have been walking round for hours in the cold.

Two other points to mention, firstly we ate at Hickory Smokehouse which was great (separate review posted) and secondly we ventured into the Old Boot Inn in the city and had a very reasonable couple of drinks less than £3 for a pint of Samuel Smiths bitter and half of cider.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paulo verde
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Parking wasn't ideal upon arrival. Hotel car park full so had to dash inside and get a pass thingy for council car park next too it. It wasn't well lit and it took ages to find a space but I guess that is understandable for such a centrally placed hotel. Nothing more than a little inconvenient.

We stayed in an executive room which gave you access to the executive bar with free drinks between certain times, wine, selected beers, snacks and tea/coffee.

Room was more than adequate. Modern, clean and tidy. We turned our air con thing down quite a bit so it wasn't too hot. Not much noise at all.

Breakfast was self service which a wide variety of the pastries, cereals, cooked items etc.

Staff were friendly and efficient.

This hotel is within easy walking distance of Chester itself ideal for shopping trips and visiting the many restuarants.

Room Tip: We stayed in executive room on floor 3, very little noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Room was nice, however temperature was far too hot (in december), I could not sleep. I stay in a lot of corporate hotels and this was by far one of the worst in a while. When I mentioned it to the check-in guys as i checked out, it is a "known problem"... why not fix it then.

Breakfast looked ok, but the state of crockery was dreadful, 8 bowls in a row were dirty, glasses had food on them and they didn't have skimmed milk. Unfortunately that much dirt does make you wonder what else goes on in the kitchen.

I would advise avoiding. I am a platinum/diamond status frequent traveller at this hotel group and therefore know this is below par for the group.

Room Tip: Ask for one where temperature can be moderated
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank You for taking the time to post your review. I was disappointed to read your comments and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the shortcomings that you received.

Please be assured that we take all aspects of health and safety very seriously, and following your feedback we have put in place measures to ensure such a rare incident of this nature does not reoccur.

Kind Reagrds

Reviewed 22 November 2011

The hotel and staff were all nice enough but the parking was horrendous, that bad that I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend in Chester and it was great. Very central location but just far enough out of the centre so it wasn't too noisy. Rooms were large. Comfy and very clean although a little cold on occasion and we couldn't get the heater to work. For a city centre location the rooms were quiet enough. Breakfast, whilst being a buffet style was very good. Only complaints were that you had to pay extra for parking and wifi connection, but of which I think should be complimentary.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Popet70
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This was 2 minutes walk from one of the main shopping streets ( right out of the hotel) and the Town Hall & Cathedral, (left out of the hotel). This was the first time I have stayed in Chester and will be going back and staying here

• Stayed: November 2011