Crowne Plaza Chester
US$93
PremierInn.com
US$217
1,845 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkexecutive roomcity centrewelsh hillsexcellent locationreception stafflovely hotelthird floorbar areahotel restaurantleisure facilitiesbars and restaurantsrace courselittle touchessaturday nightchecking out
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed at the Hotel in May, nice hotel and well situated. Problem was breakfast the next morning, having to wait 30 mins because the hotel apparently didnt have enough staff. Hardly the 4 star service they claim to offer. Tables a mess, no staff for drinks.
On arrival at home I complained through my priority club membership and got a pasted and copied reply that said my comments would be held at their corporate head office, well thanks a bunch for that. I hate to think how they treat their non priority club members.
I have stayed ay many hotels in Chester and for the price you can do far better than the Crowne Plaza

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave W
gm_cpchester, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent experience with us here in Chester. I was disappointed to read that you had a delay on arrival for breakfast, for which i would like to appologise.

Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and act upon the facts we are given. I do hope that you will continue to be a member of our highly valued Priority Club which offers many benefits to all members. I do trust that all other aspects’ of your stay were to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I enjoyed a really lovely weekend in a very wet Chester recently when I stayed with my partner at this hotel. There were two outstanding things about this establishment. Firstly the location is excellent for exploring the city on foot. You really are a stone throw from "the Rows" and the Cathedral. Secondly the breakfast is terrific - all the standard fare ranging from full English to continental but the thing that really impressed me was the perfectly poached eggs served promptly to your table. I also found the staff were very helpful and courteous.

The hotel parking was a bit tricky....perhaps it was just the weekend of the Jubliee or perhaps Chester is difficult at the best of times but getting your car into the hotel's limited lot seems a bit of a lottery. The only other annoyance was lack of convenient power points in the room. Not only did I have to push a double seat sofa out of the way to plug in my phone charger but the room's kettle didn't have a dedicated socket either. On top of that the kettle's lead was so short it had to be left on the the floor while in use. - Small details....but all fixable Crowne Plaza

Overall however a pretty good experience

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I am writing this from this hotel whilst I am staying here. I have paid a lot of money to be in this hotel and they want me to pay £7 per day for wifi access. This is disgusting knowing all other major chains I stay in offer it free.

Stay somewhere else on principle!!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank onthepiste
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband booked this 1 nights stay for myself and my mum in an executive club room...He paid £185 which included use of the executive club lounge which meant that all soft drinks/tea/coffee where free all day and from 5-8 the bar was opened and you could help yourself to canapés too!!! This was a lovely surprise as he hadn't told us,it made our trip really special!!!
The only unfortunate part was that we had booked through laterooms.com,and we'd requested a twin room which was not allocated to us,we had to have a double instead...We did complain and they delivered a complimentary bottle of wine to our room,that was very much appreciated but having twin beds would of been preferred!!!!

Room Tip: Check booking if you book with laterooms.com or booking.com as requests for certain rooms are not always granted!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked the Crowne Plaza through 'Booking.com' as we arrived at the Crowne Plaza we found the building looked a bit shabby on the outside which was disappointing however when we entered the building it was lovely. We checked in and made our way to the room upon which we was welcomed with a pack which had details about the room and an advertisement of an offer running from the 27th of May until the 2nd of September 2 nights bed, breakfast and evening meal for £229 we paid £226 for 2 nights room only. We made our way to reception to see how we could transfer to this deal, the first receptionist didn't even know the deal was on and passed me on to her manager to discuss I advised we have booked through 'Booking.com' upon which the mood changed I was told in no uncertain terms that nothing could be done, when I said I was not made aware of the deal through 'Booking.com' who guarantee to give the best rate and this seemed to be a bit unfair I was told that it is not fair that I booked through 'Booking.com' instead of booking through the hotel I was informed that the hotel has to pay horrendous commission charges I was told by the receptionist that I should have booked through them direct and basically .as I had used 'Booking.com' it was tough however what they could offer me is a £36 voucher for £45 worth of food, talk about adding insult to injury !!! Before my booking I had checked the Crowne Plaza website and there is no mention of this deal and by booking through 'Booking.com' I had only got a slightly better deal, I have since checked the Crowne Plaza website and there is still no details about this offer so unless you have the ability to second guess how would you ever know it was on!!! This was a real dampener, times are hard at the moment so knowing you could have paid and extra £3.00 to cover breakfast and evening meals was a real downer. The hotel well our room looked like the bed had not been made, the room was boiling we had to have the aircon on all night, the pillows are like lead and the window ledge was dirty, the water on the Saturday night was cold and the shower is like showering under a dribble, the plugs are under the unit so you have boil the kettle on the floor and crawl under a dusty unit to plug in your hairdryer then bend down to dry your hair, I used their hairdryer thinking that the wire might be longer, no such luck I felt maybe we were given a room that was worthy of a 'Booking.com' customer !! I have stayed in better Travelodges . I am very disappointed both with the hotel and 'Booking.com' I feel very let down with the customer service we recieved the receptionist just wanted to sell vouchers and get us to join 'Priority Members' which we did, this allows you have a late check out of 2pm my husband went to pay the bill at 10am this morning and said we would be checking out in about an hour or so, within 2 mins of paying the bill I got a message on the TV to say we had checked out, the tv then went dead, check out was done!! We packed up a left - will I return doubt it !!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple