We booked an Executive Room for a one night stay earlier this month to attend the wedding of a family friend. In order to avoid the Damaging Director having to change into her posh frock and hat in a public loo somewhere after a two hour car journey, I asked if we could have the room by 12 noon, instead of the normal check in time of 3pm. Absolutely no problem was the reply, and sure enough, when we arrived, the Receptionist [Kim -who was absolutely brilliant] knew all about it and had our keys ready. First good point.
The second good point came with the room, which was a very good size with enough pillows on the bed to keep the tent of a Bedouin sheik fully furnished! All was clean and tidy and very nicely furnished, with comprehensive complimentary toiletries. We could have done with a couple more power sockets without having to carefully time what we used/charged, but overall it was very impressive.
The Executive Club lounge looked small but well formed and was very well stocked with refreshments, although we were not at the hotel long enough to sample it, so I cannot comment on whether it was good bad or indifferent.
Breakfast however was something I did sample and it was superb, with a full choice of everything Continental, as well as every conceivable component of a Full English in buffet style.
We were OK with the hotel parking, which can apparently be in short supply at times. Although it was charged at £7.50 for 24 hours, we were told we could stay as long as we liked on our second [check out] day, which allowed us to have a look round the beautiful City at leisure, despite the fact that Chester Races were on that day, and the place was heaving!
The location is fantastic for the City centre area with the Cathedral, shops et al, and despite the distinctly wet weather at the time of our arrival, we were able to get to the Town Hall for the wedding we were attending virtually without going outside - just about twenty steps!
In summary, a well located hotel, with great staff, excellent accommodation and facilities + good food. We would certainly go again when next in Chester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire