“Best Service & Standards I have ever had....”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Leeds
“Best Service & Standards I have ever had....”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Lovely hotel with great rooms, well equipped, stayed with partner & 2 kids in an executive room, was fabulous, staff were so attentive, facilities were great, best hotel breakfast I have ever had, try the kippers and poached eggs, hoently I run a pub and am ferocious with my expectatiosn but this exceeded mine, best hotel visit i have ever had, they had a guest reward how can you name one!!! WIll definatly be back!!! xx

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Turkish first
Parma
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I spent a week in this place to attend a course, remaining into the hotel for the whole day every day!
The service is pretty good, staff is really kind and helpful, lunch and breakfast simply great!
Unfortunately the hotel and its rooms are too old fashioned to be a 4* (CRT TV... oh my god...).
Overall, my impressione is quite positive, but the hotel has really a huge margin for improvement!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your recent stay with us here in Chester.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay . I hope you will return to us in the future for another visit to Chester so you can experience our beautiful city and all it has to offer.

I am pleased to say that we are upgrading all of our televisions to the latest flat screen Samsung Smart televisions by the end of 2012.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husbabd and I have stopped in both Crowne Plaz's in Liverpool on numerous occasions so we looked forward to stopping in the Chester CP. Very disappointed, rooms were very tired. We stopped two nights and the room was not cleaned in between, the bed was literally pulled up and my nightie screwed up on top of pillow and dressing gown dumped on the other pillow. Bin not emptied and bathroom not cleaned either. No nice flat screen tv and a in need of decoration. The laundry trolly and all its cleaning materials was left in the main hall area where the lift opened over night. Wont recommend or go again.

1 Thank AndreaBradford0
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at Crowne Plaza Chester.

I am sorry to read that the quality of your stay was impaired by the lack of housekeeping throughout your stay. It is unacceptable that this occurred, please do not hesitate to email me on gm.cpchester@qmh-hotels.com to discuss any issues you encountered. If you choose to do so, please quote your name, room number and date of stay as I would appreciate the chance to investigate the issues that you mention.

Chester
Reviewed 29 August 2012

arrived at hotel and was quite amazed at its luxurious lobby and reception for a 4star.Reception staff were v welcoming.We used the leisure facilities which were spotlessly clean and they provided towels,shampoo etc and even a hairdryer and moisturiser.The room wasv spacious with two v comfy beds.My only criticism was the rooms were too hot at night..Checkout very simple and taxi they ordered was prompt.A super hotel in a great location..you will not be disapointed...matches any 5 star!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us here in Chester.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of the facilities that we offer to our guests. We like to ensure that we provide everything you may need to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Recently stayed for one night and would have loved to have stayed longer but hotel was fully booked. Room standard was excellent and staff very friendly and enjoyed the Craic. Just one minor thing no triple rooms for families. Restaurant food and staff excellent. We hope to be back again maybe next year. This was our first trip to England and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Chester is a beautiful place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel. Chester really is lovely; I’m honoured you chose us for your first trip to England and I hope we helped make your visit that little bit more special.

I hope to see you again next year when you visit again and I hope you can stay longer to enjoy everything Chester has to offer.

Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We chose the Crowne Plaza for its central location and because we were using credit card points via eBookers.

The room was a fair size, clean and had most things. For a 4* hotel the TV was pitiful! A TV at least 10 years old with fewer channels than advertised - maybe 8 or 9. Come on, even freeview has about 5 times more choice!

Breakfast was pretty good, although the service was a bit hit & miss.

The pool/spa was okay, but the jacuzzi was out of order and staff said they wouldn't (not couldn't) phone an engineer until Tuesday.

A really safe choice if you don't know hotels in Chester, but don't expect to be blown away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Chester.

I’m pleased to read that most, aspects of your stay were acceptable. Our rooms are currently all being updated with the latest Samsung smart flat screen televisions, this should be completed within the next few weeks.

Please be assured that I have spoken to the team regarding the Spa to ensure we rectify the faults in a speedier manner

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

North Wales
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our family of 6 adults and my 5 year old grandson have spent a lovely weekend at the Crown Plaza Chester. Rooms were lovely and clean, excellent food and lovely and very helpful staff. For anyone who wants to spend a few days in Chester it is worth paying that little extra to stay at this hotel, we will definitely return here again. Very convenient for the town center and great Spa facilities., If I have to include a negative that would be about the posh people in their black ties and very posh frocks who were swanning around attending a party on Saturday night looking down their noses at us, but we had the last laugh they were falling all over the place and throwing up in the car park - shame on them. BUT IT PUT A BIG SMILE ON OUR FACES!! Wonderful hotel, hope to visit again soon!!

Room Tip: Go for the Executive - well worth it