Sadly, this is the worst hotel we have stayed at in/around Chester, which is very sad because we think very highly of the Crowne Plaza hotels; wherever we stay, they always have spacious rooms big double beds in twin rooms and excellent facilities. This one is a sad reflection of what these hotels normally offer.
The positive: the wonderful staff, their help, smile and service, room service; the food, and that is where all ends.
The negative, the outdated building; even the staff know that it needs to be renovated. I will certainly advise to relocate rather than redecorate. The room we were given (124) had an old fashioned TV, a view of a wall and the beds were not double. We expressed our concerns and the trainee manager "upgraded" us to an executive room on the 4th floor (the Club Floor!!). Well, the so called executive room was in the loft with a flat TV what kept freezing up because the connection was terrible. We wanted to go out but it was raining so we decided to watch TV and have room service. The food was excellent but the TV signal kept failing.
Another thing, why do Crowne Plaza hotels not provide free WiFI? I want to complaint about charging £7.50 p.p. for room service on top of £2.00 tray service; we had already booked bed and breakfast. I want a rationale for this rip-off.
All in all, we will never come back to this hotel; the Grovesnor it is from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire