“Good Location”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
London UK
“Good Location”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Jut stayed at This Hotel in Chester for my cousins graduation. I am used to staying in Crowne Plaza's in America London and Europe. This was an Older styled Crowne Plaza nestled in the heart of Chester walking distance to the cathedral and the city centre was a stones throw away so location was excellent. The room itself was small compared to other Crowne Plaza's, but comfy and clean. The facilities were as you would expect bar, restaurants, spa gym pool etc. We were lucky to be upgraded to Club exec floor which is always a bonus with access to the lounge for free beverages, snacks and alcohol in the evening always a nice perk. We had lunch at the bar and buffet breakfast in the morning all satisfactory. I would say this was an average hotel, the staff however were really friendly and pleasant at all times so top marks there, Jack at the bar was especially helpful throughout our stay and made cocktails to order he took care of us. The hotel itself could probably do with updating but all round this is a reliable hotel with all the facilities you need and in a very good location.The staff that make this hotel somewhere you would return as you feel looked after.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KazandtheGang
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to cater for everything you needed while with us. I am happy you found our team members to be helpful, friendly and polite throughout your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Mark Thacker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I booked a stay for 1 night for our anniversary for myself, my husband and our 2 daughters aged 8 & 6 years. I work in travel and don't comment often but have to say what an exceptional hotel this is.
I had contacted the hotel by email before our stay to check a few things and they replied within minutes which was great.
We arrived at the hotel on 16th March at about 10am, we had caught an early train and while aware it was to early for check in we asked if we could leave our bag. The reception staff couldn't have been more helpful, they let me fill the check in form in to save time later and stored our bag for us. We asked how to get to the shops etc... And they gave very good directions.
After doing some shopping and sightseeing we returned to the hotel at 1.30 to see if the room was ready, it wasn't but they gave us the room key cards as as we had booked an executive room said we could go to the lounge for a drink and someone would come and tell us when the room was ready.
10 ,minutes later a really nice young man came and told us the room was ready for us.
The room was really nice, very clean and had loads of room even with the 2 extra beds they had put in for our daughters. We had been left extra towels and even a bottle of wine courtesy of the hotel for our anniversary.
We went out for something to eat so I can't comment on the restaurant but we came back at 5pm so my husband could watch the rugby. The club lounge serves soft drinks all day but from 5-8pm it serves alcoholic drinks (bottles of beer, blue vk and wine) but as we had the children we didn't really want to go in as assumed it would be busy. The hotel gave us a family pass so we didn't have to miss our and we had our drinks in the bar which was exceptional. Very nice to be able to sit and have a few drinks while watching the rugby and our children had been given an activity pack from reception so that kept them well entertained.
We even took a drink back to the room at about 7pm.
My husband went to the lounge at 8pm to get us a few coffees before bed but the coffee machine broke, he called reception to see if the could do anything and they said someone will be sent to fix this however in the mean time he was welcome to get a coffee from the bar which he did. Again couldn't fault the staff!
Beds are great and comfortable my only negative would be the noisy neighbours we had who argued most of the night and slammed the door then lets say 'made up' for the rest of it. Can't blame the hotel for this but it did ruin the night a bit.
Plenty of hot water in the morning for all 4 of us to have a shower and breakfast was amazing!
The hotel even called us a taxi the next day which arrived within minutes.

All in all a wonderful stay, every member of staff we met where brilliant and couldn't do enough for us. I don't understand these reviews about it being standard it's nothing of the sort. I stay in a lot of hotels with my job some bing top 5 stars and haven't had service like this.

We will be returning

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and concise review of our hotel.

I am very pleased to read that everything, especially the service you received from our team members was nothing short of excellent. I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and left feeling refreshed and satisfied with your night at Crowne Plaza Chester. I look forward to welcoming you all back to our hotel in the near future.

Wirral, England
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

As a weekly traveller I have stayed in all the chains and managed to get top-tier at Hilton and Marriott and have always been rewarded for my loyalty. So as a Platinum Elite we stayed at the Crowne Plaza as a quick break and wished we never :( I was told that there was no upgrades, unable to use the Executive lounge because hotel policy and have been charged £20 for breakfast.
The room is very average, clean but there is some dust and black marks on the walls ( and a couple of cobwebs for good measure!).
Lots of noise .. Emergency services all night like Beruit!! As someone who brings new clients and colleagues into hotels all the time then certainly this hotel for its poor service is off the list.
Maybe time to look for loyalty from another chain who do want me business :)
I can't say anything positive...

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank basisboy
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m disappointed to read that your time with us was not enjoyable and you found nothing positive to say about our hotel. I have taken your comments concerning the cleanliness of your room and your Priority Points and will be sure to discuss them with our team members. If you could like to discuss any of the issues you encountered with me further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on gm.cpchester@qmh-hotels.com.

Sale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Having stayed at the crown plaza several times , I would recommend it . The rooms are lovely and clean ,the breakfast is delicious and an excellent variety of choice .The staff are lovely and very helpful .

Room Tip: All the rooms we have had have been excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you have always enjoyed your stays with us and would happily recommend us to others. I’m glad you enjoy everything our hotel has to offer and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Chester for a birthday treat from my husband. We stayed in an executive room which overlooked Chester Racecourse. The hotel is located in the centre of Chester perfect for shopping and sightseeing. We found all the staff extremely helpful and polite from the moment of check in and until the minute we left. I was given a complimentary bottle of wine with our Evening Dinner for my birthday which I thought was a lovely touch. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast the following morning and would recommend staying at this hotel if visiting Chester.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that that you enjoyed your time with us and found our tea members to be professional, friendly and efficient while you were with us. I’m glad you enjoyed the little touches during your stay and you enjoyed your meals with us. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Oxford
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The hotel stands above a car park in an unimpressive development that is far removed from my expectations of Chester. However, it is a short walk to the historic heart of the city and a short walk to Chester Racecourse. It did the job for me, but I was on a business trip and was not looking for anything more than a base to work from.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that our hotel was perfect for the purpose you needed it for and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed here on many occasions during the latter half of 2012, and while the hotel itself is a solid 3 star affair in my eyes I must commend the staff, who are 6 star! The customer service from reception, bar and room service staff was always exceptionally good, cheerful and friendly.

Loved the 'This Works' lavender sleeping aids. Super touch.

I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChickCam
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that our team members made your stay special and were cheerful and friendly throughout your time with us. I’ll be sure to share your review with them so they know their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.