We stayed here for a three day break in March. We chose it because of its location, a three minute walk to the shops in Watergate Street, and its modern facilities including a great indoor swimming pool. We were not disappointed. The hotel was spacious, comfortable and efficiently run by very helpful staff in all areas. We booked regular king bed rooms online with breakfast included at a good rate. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. Our room, 135, was very warm, even when the radiator was turned off. This was due to the main heating pipe running along the skirting board. We managed to get the room temperature under control using the efficient air conditioning unit - a little surprising for March. Breakfast was the normal buffet style with a good choice of hot and cold food. There was also a small a la carte section, but beware. Don't order these if you are in a hurry. One of our party had to wait 30 minutes for a small portion of smoked haddock! We tried the Silks Bar for dinner on one occasion. It was adequate rather than special. We later decided to try the multitude of cafes and restaurants that abound in Chester. If arriving by car there is a very convenient and secure car park attached to the hotel. Overall a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire