“Comfy”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Comfy”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just come back from this hotel very comfy after a long walk around Chester town centre,nice and warm,breakfast was everything u could want full English,continental,cereal,fresh fruit yogurt,would recomend to my famoly

Room Tip: Enjoy and relaxed and soak up the atmosphere
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carole S
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you stay with us was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. I hope to welcome you back soon.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Turkish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I am a Platinum priority card holder with over 200,000 points so you can see that I stay in quite a few IHG hotels.
My wife and I needed some respite from caring for our disabled son so took a break in Chester for four nights at the Crowne Plaza.
The location and staff were very good and that is where the good points end.
we was upgraded to a "Club" class room but when we tried to access the Club Lounge we were refused entry. The room was very hot and at first the window would not open as a screw had been wedged in the lock but after a while this was removed, the room service meal I had was almost inedible and after a complaint was lodged they took it off the bill, the breakfasts just about warm.
All in all not a good break for us and we were glad to return home.

I doubt very much if we would ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am extremely sorry and concerned to read that you time with us was so disappointing. I would like to investigate further into why you were refused entry to the Club Room and why your meal was of a low quality. I would appreciate if you could email your name, room number and date of stay to om.cpchester@qmh-hotel.com so we can discuss any issues you encountered while with us.

Once again I would like to offer my apologies for the quality of your stay.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights in the executive room. The room has a tiny window, not good for those getting over jet lag, not enough light! The room was overheated, and the bathroom required better ventilation? Shower had poor pressure.
The amenities were good, there was no free wifi for executive room, very disappointing. Access to executive lounge was between 5-7pm for canapés and drinks. The wines and nibbles were fine, except some variation of the capes would be good. There was a computer with printer hooked up which was nice touch. The temperature in the lounge was cold, and again no windows.
Breakfasts were good. The staff were also excellent, which made up for all the bits that were not.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that our team members were excellent. I am sorry you found that your room was too hot – our team members would only be too happy to help if this happens again. I’m pleased that your stay was made better by our team members and your breakfast.

wales
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed here overnight for a work trip in December. It was an easy pleasant check in with friendly polite staff. The spa facilities were good, although the sauna was out of order. A good range of drinks and food, although we had a room upgrade that served complimentary drinks for 2 hours which was well worth it.
Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I will be sharing your kind words with our team members about how you found them so polite and pleasant. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night during a week off work to use the spa facilities. Only a 20min walk from the station.

The location of the hotel in terms of being in the heart of the city is spot on but the appearance, or at least the facade is bizarre. The entrance is hidden away under a dingy car park and wasn't the easiest to find as there was no signage up for people looking down the approaching road. So much so we were practically stood next to it (by the church) and ended up walking all the way around the main road before coming back in ourselves to find the entrance.

Once in, it was great. Grand decor. Very pleasant staff. Lovely pool, jacuzzi, sauna section and a belter way to spend a Monday afternoon. We didn't eat at the hotel as unfortunately for its restaurant it's located right next door to the best place in Chester - Upstairs At The Grill - if you like the finest steak that is. You could see the racecourse from our room so would be absolutely perfect if you were visiting for that. Very good.

A week later and I wish I was back there in the pool put it that way.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

I’m very pleased to read that your time with us was relaxing and just what you needed. I am pleased you found our team members to be very pleasant and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting family in nearby chester. Our room was nice, bar food adequate. Breakfast was nice Good location near the shopping centre. Not the prettiest hotel. Will stay again if in the area but not as nice as the London crowne plaza's

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be comfortable with good meals. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms and very professional feel to the hotel, although the reception area was peculiarly situated and cramped and the hotel somehow lacked presence, being tacked to a shopping centre. There was also a lack of natural light. Good for business but would not bring the family.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you found our hotel to have very nice rooms and a professional feel. I can assure you that our guests who bring their children with them hugely enjoy their stays too as we provide a lot of children’s entertainment. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.