“Very relaxing break”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just had a 3 night break here and found it very relaxing. My husband has some mobility problems after breaking a leg but the hotel staff helpfully gave us a first floor room close to the lifts. The hotel entrance is in an underpass, leading to the car park, which seems rather bleak but once inside it was spotless in the elegant public areas as well as the bedrooms, which had all you could need for a good weekend. Everyone was very friendly. The town centre is close so it is easy to find from the hotel. I took advantage of the pool and spa; had a massage with shells which was very relaxing. I had the best few nights sleep I've had in ages - partly due to the quiet atmosphere and partly to the very comfortable firm bed. We booked room only as we went to Chester to meet up with friends living nearby, but we would certainly return to the hotel again and try their food as the menu looked very tasty.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a wonderful couple of nights sleep with us. I’m very happy to read that everything you encountered during your stay was perfect and you would happily return in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back when you’re next in Chester.

Mark Thacker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just got back from an overnight stay here.
on arrival,Rebbeka at reception was cheerful,polite and very helpfull-she is an asset to this hotel-I do hope management appreciate such a good advert for the place!!!
Had an executive room,on the 3rd floor-very good room,with wonderful views to the Welsh hills.
The club lounge,with canapes from 5-8pm,hot and cold drinks-beer,wine,etc,was a nice place to sit,chat and have a drink before dinner-free internet,tv etc.
Both dinner and breakfast,was included in the deal,and we enjoyed both meals-dinner was greay-and the buffet breakfast was wonderful.
Every member of staff was happy and cheerful.
Thank you Chester,we has a wonderful visit!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your review with the team members in question and I’m very happy to read that everything was to your liking during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotelsoon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

I am here on business and really appreciated the efficient friendly staff. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from Crowne Plaza, good rooms, clean and nice food but its staff make difference. The hotel is also ideally located in the centre of Chester.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything (particularly our team members) to be perfect. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our team members. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Centrally located - few minutes walk to main shops
Comfortable and clean bedroom - albeit decor was a bit dated. I was on L1 and heard no noise.
Full buffet breakfast was terrific. Didn't have opportunity to eat in hotel in evening as we chose to venture out but have no problems about going back here.
Didn't try the wifi - like most hotels it's expensive - and not needed when you have 3G signal.

Room Tip: Not sure if this is same in every room - but room had a traditional home style water radiator that g...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and you found us to be quiet with a terrific breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in April. This is a city centre hotel and I found it very pleasant. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast is good and so are the staff here. There is a reasonably priced bar meal menu as well as a restaurant. I found the access to Wi-Fi a little confusing - I was not sure if it was available or not - and at what cost - if any. Apart from that - a good stay. Car parking available at a daily rate of about £7.50 which is a bit steep.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I booked this weekend for a birthday treat. For £155 for B&B for one night, I was hoping for something special....it certainly wasnt that! I didnt pick this hotel on its looks but seeing the area opposite the entrance was far from palatial However it was a pleasant reception, once inside.

The room was fine, spacious and clean but very noisy. I could hear the neighbours chatting yawning and going to the toilet! The robe and slippers were a nice touch as well as the complimentary water and sleep spray, (now I understand why they provide this!)

I was surpised they charged for internet connection and it wasnt cheap considering the rate of the room.

Now at this point I know i'm being picky but personally I'm a fan of the flavoured tea or even an Earl Grey, unfortunately the options were limited to english tea or english tea! The room service was fast and good quality of food, even at 2am!

The breakfast arrangements were not great the following morning. Not only did we have a long wait to be seated, we were ignored then told, to take a tea and wait, of course there was no hot water. When we finally sat down for breakfast, parched at this point I ordered my earl grey and it didnt arrive until my second request, 10 mins later, not great service, no apology was given either times. The food however was enjoyable, a good range of options and good quality.

The gym and pool were small but adequate, nothing fancy but did what it was supposed do. Some of the staff were great, one in particular wasnt.

All in all I was disappointed with the standards of this hotel at this sort of price but a few small changes could make a big difference.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear tanya18,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We stayed in a suite after getting married and the room was clean and the huge bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great - good selection of pretty much everything you can think of or would want! Good food also in the bar.
Would like to particularly highlight Rebecca who is without a doubt the most welcoming and helpful employee I have encountered in a hotel reception and really did make us feel extra special. Similarly, Leah was most attentive at breakfast and I was particuarly impressed with her ability to pay attention to guests whilst also organising the waiting staff efficiently and discreetly.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen P
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time for us.

I am extremely pleased to read that you found everything in your suite to be perfect on your wedding night. I am very happy that everything was to your liking and I will share your review with the team members in question. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon and congratulations on your wedding.