“Good but not quite....”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed overnight with my husband to break a long journey. Nice hotel helpful staff, standard room perfectly OK. Booked to eat in Silk resteraunt as too tired to go out. Air con freezing asked to be moved to warmer spot which the staff were happy to do but there was nowhere warmer. Went upstairs to room to add another layer but not really successful. My meal was OK, however my husbands risotto was in his words the worst he had ever had. Overcooked rice and having no taste at all. We told the chap in charge as we were going back up to the room, too chilly for desert, and he did not charge us and apologised but it spoiled the meal. As I said before it was a good rating spoiled by silly touches.

Room Tip: You can have a room in a quiet part, we were offered this on reception.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you found our team members and rooms to be more than adequate but I’m sorry that you found our restaurant to be too cold despite being moved to a warmer spot. I will look into this to ensure the air con is at a more comfortable temperature. I hope that despite this you choose to return to us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chester

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed for a long weekend. Excellent service for a British hotel and actually deserves its rating.
Good club room and worth the extra cost. Very nice breakfast.
Location is superb for the town.
Club lounge could be larger though as it was full.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be well-deserving of our rating with wonderful service. I hope to welcome you back for another relaxing break.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here on the 13th August with my wife and three year old daughter. The hotel is spotless. It is right in the heart of Chester but not noisy so lots to see and do. Swimming pool was great. Will definately go back...............

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your family break with us.

I am extremely pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking from our leisure facilities to our location. I hope to welcome you all back very soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel recently and initially believed the place to be of good quality. After a few days you begin to notice small things that make your stay not unpleasant, but not comfortable. On Saturday night, I decided to meet a couple of friends at the bar for a quick drink before we headed into town, we got an order in fast enough, as we were guided to a seat and told someone would take our order which they did, which was a nice touch, but from here on in, it seemed like chaos! There appeared to be two or three people serving 50 or so sat at tables, and it wasn't working at all. After about 15 minutes we eventually got our drinks, but by this point we were sick of waiting and just wanted to leave. Other negatives included the temperature of the rooms, they were like saunas, plus no free wifi! Also I decided in the morning to have breakfast and was quoted something like £16, so walked out of the hotel 5 minutes and found a small cafe for breakfast which looked far nice food at a reasonable price. Except for the things mention, the rooms were clean and beds comfortable, and the staff couldn't do enough to help, especially reception, Rebecca particularly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stopper1
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

Although I am pleased to read that you found the majority of your stay (rooms and team members) to be of a high standard and impressive, I am sorry to read that your experience in our bar led to confusion. I will look into this instance to ensure our standards are not slipping. I hope you realise this is not a comment I hear often and give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This hotel provides the level of service to which all Holiday Inns should aspire. Rooms are well maintained, staff courteous and its location is superb. There is recognition for Priority Club members which, sadly, is no longer the case in all of the IHG brand.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay from start to finish, what a beautiful hotel, no expense spared on the decor & the pool & hydropool are wonderful. Slept soundly & breakfast was made with quality produce. Such a bonus with it being in the centre of all the bars, restaurants & race course.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking. I’m delighted that you slept well and enjoyed your breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel for another break soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We came to Crowne Plaza for couple of days with friends t was their first stay and our third stay. We all agreed it was excellent. We booked the Exec rooms at £149 per roo. Per night DBB plus snacks and drinks until 8pm. Food in restaurant excellent and breakfast had improved since we lat stayed in Feb 2013. Staff are so helpful Central location. Excellent hotel and stay.

Room Tip: Exec rooms are excellent value
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay with us very much and found that we have improved on our breakfasts since the last time you stayed. I hope to welcome you back very soon.