Stayed for 2 nights with two kids and my wife. Booked a so called suite on the club level floor (free drinks and canapés from 5-8 every day). Room was very poor, wallpaper peeling off the Walls, Stains on bed ware and carpets. Sink in bathroom leaked and was never repaired even though we mentioned it. The staff at the hotel where very good and quite friendly but lacked any local knowledge when pressed for local recommendations etc.. The hotels location is second to none just a 2 min walk to chester city centre. Car parking on site is convenient but very expensive at £7.50 a night, if your going to provide parking, guests should never be expected to pay. The biggest wind up for me though was there was no free wi-fi, they wanted £15 a day which imho is disgraceful. I can go to costa coffee and spend £2 and get all the free wi-fi I want but pay these guys £150 a night and no chance. Wake up crowne plaza. The food and drinks we had were very good quality and the food at the bar was good value and was served with a smile. Overall you can't fault the location but that's not enough to recommend it. We won't be returning in a hurry. Chester itself is fantastic and well worth a visit and I can highly recommend Hickorys smokehouse down by the river fa a great food experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire