“Delightful Upgrade”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delightful Upgrade”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were upgraded from Holiday Inn on 6th November (my daughter's graduation). Excellent staff! Rooms were well equipped, spotlessly clean & very comfortable. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the staff. Lovely swimming pool & spa! Well Done!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Quite Floor (4).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
gm_cpchester, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your time with us in Chester , What a review.. 5 out of 5!.. Thank you!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed on the executive floor for two nights and were thoroughly impressed. The rooms were as expected and I found the beds to be extremely comfortable. The lounge area was open 24/7 with complimentary soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Wine and beer was available between 5pm and 8pm along with pre-dinner nibbles. A continental breakfast was available in the mornings.

The hotel was conveniently situated within easy reach of Chester's fabulous shops. Chester is very picturesque and did not disappoint.

We did not use many of the hotels spa facilities but I did have a manicure, which was 5*.

We will definitely return to Chester and as a first timer in a Crowne Plaza hotel, I am now a fan and will definitely be staying in more in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen S
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your time with us in Chester. Your review made very pleasant reading, 5 out of 5!.. Thank you!

I will ensure I pass over your positive comments to the team, they are always happy to hear them. I was pleased to hear you made use of our fantastic location & you had time to enjoy our spa facilities (Even if it was for just a manicure!)

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Upgraded from holiday inn, very nice hotel, nice clean rooms, good size and nice view over the Welsh mountains and Chester race course. Breakfast excellent, with lots of choice. The hotel has an excellent gym and swimming pool. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hume98
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our Full English Breakfast & enjoyed the views of the welsh mountains from the restaurant.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for a few nights during 2013, the hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious and very nice. We decided to book a king room and the bed was huge and very very comfortable.

The staff are always willing to go the extra mile to help.

The club lounge is well presented and always fully stocked.

Food in restaurant was of decent standard but for the price id expected better. I would highly recommend eating in one of the many restaurants in Chester.

The location is great as you are literally in city centre when you step out of the doors, it very close to the race course and to the river.

Spa and leisure facilities are very good - spa treatment are excellent and very good value for money.

My only issue with this hotel is the price of parking £7.50 per night is a little excessive, given the price paid for a room each night.

Room Tip: Book a king room, its no extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thankyou for taking the time to review your time with us in Chester. Your review made very pleasant reading, 5 out of 5!.. Thankyou!

I have taken on board your comments about the car park fee & restaurant prices, however I do feel that the restaurant offers great value for money, Especially our "Two dine for £29.99 including wine" promotion. Be sure to ask about it next time your in Chester

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel on Friday 1st Nov to celebrate a birthday it was great,room on the top floor was top class .Great place to stay to shop or go out and about.Would defiantly recommend it.We were in the executive lounge for drinks and canapés it was lovely,then a continental breakfast in the morning what more do you need.

Room Tip: Go for the quite rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Im pleased to hear that your enjoyed your visit & you took advantage of the benefiits of booking the Executive club room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.

Guest Relations Manager
Amlwch
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here with my wife for one night Saturday 2nd November. It is a great hotel and a base to visit Chester, the hotel is central for all attractions, it is only two minute walk from the centre, has a very good swimming pool and spa,The hotel also has its own car park although on this visit we were unable to park there as it was very busy ( there is an overflow car park as well). Food was excellent and the bar a nice place for a drink in the evening.The Exclusive lounge one the third floor was very nice free drinks and canapes between 17.00 - 20.00 hrs, the only downsidw was it is very small and there was no where to sit, that was a shame as it could of been a nice place to relax before going for your evenning meal

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and im glad you made use of our excellent location. However im disapointed to hear you had some difficulty parking in the hotel car park, and had to use our overflow car park & for this I offer my apologies. Sadly the parking in Chester city centre is very limited, but we always have spaces available either in our hotel car park, or the overflow. Hopefully the lack of seating in the club lounge does not deter you from visiting us in Chester in the future, and be assured that we will look at all options available to make our executive club lounge area more comfortable during busy periods. Without your valued feedback, we wouldn’t be able to improve on the areas that need improvment!

Guest Relations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have visited this hotel on more than one occasion and have been happy with each visit. The rooms are of a good quality and always clean. Breakfast is very overpriced if your booking doesn't include, there are many great cafes minutes away which serve breakfast at a fraction of the cost! The location is great, right in the heart of the city which suited us as we wanted to shop and visit some of the restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, Im pleased to hear that you’re a guest who likes to come back to us again and again! I will be sure to pass your feedback about our well maintained and clean bedrooms over to our housekeeping team, As im sure they will be just as pleased to hear it, as I am.

Guest Relations