Crowne Plaza Chester
US$114
US$111
Orbitz.com
1,845 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkexecutive roomcity centrewelsh hillsexcellent locationreception stafflovely hotelthird floorbar areahotel restaurantleisure facilitiesbars and restaurantsrace courselittle touchessaturday nightchecking out
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Without doubt, this is a hotel that does not live up to its
reputation. My wife and I stop over in Chester once a month and usually book into the abode. I thought we would have a change but regret doing so.
Our room was not ready on our arrival. We were offered a complimentary drink at the bar but after 25 minutes had to go back to reception to check if the room was now ready. Once entering the room I was quite shocked. I did not expect to see wall paper peeling away from the wall, as it was in a number of places. The bathroom cleanliness left a lot to be desired. No safe for personal belongings and a TV for which the remote only worked if you gave it a tap! All in all a very poor hotel indeed, The Abode seems to have set a standard that the Plaza can only dream of.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us,

Firstly I would like to apologise that we did not meet the high standards that we strive to achieve at the Crowne Plaza in Chester. I can assure you that the problems you encountered during your stay, both upon arrival & when entering the room, Have been forwarded onto our Reception Manager & Maintenance manager for following up.

If you do wish to stay with us again in the future, Please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We used this hotel twice in December and twice we were disappointed.
Location and service are good but for the money there is much better.
On both stay the noise level was a major issue. As such we were unable to enjoy a good night sleep.
Room and amenities are ok; nothing special though.
I understand that Christmas parties are good money during December but it should not be at the cost of normal guests.
I will not return and instead use another hotel in Chester.

Dear Guest,

Firstly thankyou for taking the time to review your time with us in Chester

I was pleased to hear you made use of our good location and found our service levels where good, However I was very disappointed to read that your stay was not up to the usual high standards we strive to achieve due to noise problems. We do try our utmost to ensure that all of our guests are given the best available rooms, Away from any noise or events. Sadly it does sound like you have had two bad experiences & for this I sincerely apologise.

If you wish to discuss this further, Please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just returned from a Xmas break at this FIRST CLASS HOTEL, Rooms, Staff & Location First Class, Breakfast Best Ever in a hotel, however rest of meals below average for standard of hotel, due to the fact that that during the period we were staying there were four coaches there.

Room Tip: Ask for a club room on 3rd or 4th floor and use the lounge with free bar.

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us. What a nice review to read! Im glad you enjoyed your Christmas break with us. I will be sure to pass over your comments about breakfast to our Head Chef & team, and im sure they will be more than happy to hear your fantastic comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.

Operations Manager.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel 23rd to 27th December 2013 in room 329. A very large double with all you would expect BUT with more. Tea/coffee, fridge, safe and complimentary bathrobe, slippers, bodywash, shampoo, body lotion, mouthwash, shower cap, sewing kit, nail file and face flannels. If you forgot your razor, toothbrush, gel etc just ask your Very Kind room attendant and it would be supplied. Breakfast was a delight with an a variety of cerials, fresh fruit salads, yogurts, breads/toasts,jams and at least 8 items from the cooked selection, with plenty of tea or coffee. Lunch on Christmas Day was a joy, with a pre ordered choice before. [delicious]. We had either a buffet lunch [more salads please at this time] and a pre ordered choice for dinner. Lunch/Dinner also came with a choice of [free] red or white wine. Bar prices were £4.95 small or £6.80 large for a glass of house wine. ALSO VERY CLOSE TO THE SHOPPING CENTRE

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann O

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your time in Chester. Im pleased to hear that your stay with us over the Christmas period was relaxing & enjoyable. I will be sure to pass over your comments to the team at our next team meetings.

Hopefully we will see you again Christmas 2014!

Operations Manager.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night as we were going out into Chester for a meal.
The hotel itself is ideally located close to the city centre and is just a few minutes walk from numerous bars and restaurants.
We upgraded to an executive room so we could use the club lounge. The room itself was a good size and has everything you really need.
The club lounge was small, but very nice and not at all busy while we were there. A small selection of beers and wines were made available between 5pm and 8pm, which is great. There is also soft drinks and tea / coffee available anytime during the lounge opening hours.
The staff were very attentive and when we noticed that out of the complementary toiletries available we had several small bottles of mouthwash but no body wash, one quick call to reception and housekeeping brought us up some straight away, apologizing for the mistake (both bottles look very similar!).
We didn't eat in the hotel or use the leisure facilities but from what I can tell both looked very good. That said Chester has so many great places to eat I'd recommend a short walk into town, you will find many great places to eat and drink.
The hotel has its own car-park (£7.50 for 24hrs) which is great for a city centre location.

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your time with us in Chester,

I was pleased to hear you made good use of our fantastic location & you found the room itself contained everything you needed to make your stay comfortable. I will be certain to pass over your positive comments over to the team & look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.