Crowne Plaza Chester
Good 3.5/5
US$98
PremierInn.com
1,831 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkexecutive roomcity centrewelsh hillsexcellent locationreception stafflovely hotelthird floorbar areahotel restaurantleisure facilitiesbars and restaurantsrace courselittle touchessaturday nightchecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting the city on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis. We were upgraded to a Club Room which was ideal for our needs. The food, service and staff were all very good. There were some improvements going on at the hotel but nothing that disturbed anyone, and all was finished by 5pm every day. Can't say much more than I would stay again and would recommend to anyone, especially that the hotel has its own car park and is only a few yards away from the City Centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

What a brilliant review! Thankyou!! I will sure to pass over all of your comments to the team during their next team meetings. Thankyou again for your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for valentines day and the saturday night after, a strange place for a hotel but very nice literally two minutes walk from centre. Refurb going on but that not a problem staff very friendly hotel clean and quite posh. Had a valentines meal which was lovely and i got free chocs bonus!! Bar lovely also used room service Very good!! Problems i had walls thin you could hear everything!! Car park tiny and one girl in restaurant very ditzy took our order for tea and coffee n disappeared couple that arrived after us got served first so had to ask for ours when it came was cold!! Also no spoons!! Second day spoons but no milk!! Little things but very frustrating all in all would stay again however think some staff need more training!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KIMB33369

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

Im pleased to hear you had an enjoyable valentines break away, and that you found most of the staff very friendly. I will be sure to follow up with the restauarant manager in relation to the feedback you have given about breakfast. Without your feedback, We wouldnt know the areas in which we need to improve, So thankyou again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 7.2.14. After a disastrous trip to another hotel which was awful (dirty hotel), Crowne plaza was excellent. Staff very helpful. Listened to our story and gave us a free upgrade and a free bottle of wine. Room was lovely and clean although was a bit warm despite window being open. Fantastic view over the racecourse. Close to shops/bars. Bar staff more than helpful. Loads of works going on as they refurb, didn't bother us, even workmen were polite. Breakfast was nice and fresh. Overall, really nice and pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

Im pleased to hear that following on from a bad experience at another hotel, That you where well looked after by the team. Thankyou for your patience during the refurbishment works, Im happy to inform you that the refurbishment is now complete.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel Chester in the future,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

stayed here the end of January for 3 nights, We paid about about £530 so not cheap but we upgraded to a club room so we could use the club bar from 5-8. This was quite nice as you had complimentary drinks and snacks for the time you were in there. One disadvantage was I couldn't get a signal on my phone here to do some work but there was a computer in here

The upgraded room on the 3rd floor though was ok but we didn't have a view unfortunately
While we were there, there were quite a few disruptions as there was renovations going on which was bit of a disappointment so we didn't spend much time here because it was a bit of a pain and not great to relax
the car park was handy and we paid about £24 for the 3 days which was good
the food was lovely and could not fault it
chester was fantastic and cannot wait to go again but don't think I would stay in the crown plaza
I have just received my bank statement and realised that the hotel charged me twice. I was not a happy bunny and good job I realised cause I had to ring them up and they admitted they had made the mistake!!! Good job I checked my statement.
What was disappointing was that they didn't actually do/give you anything or the inconvenience of the renovations or the fact that they had charged me twice....very disappointing and this might make me decide to go somewhere else on my next visit

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jellyfish40

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

I am pleased to hear that you found our executive rooms comfortable & made use of our executive club lounge during your stay with us, However I was disapointed to hear that there had been a clerical error from which you where charged twice in error. I can assure you that this is a rareity & the relevant training & procedural changes have occurrred to reduce the likelyhood of this happening again in the future.

Hopefully your experience does not deter you from staying at Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were treated to a Valentines meal at the Silk Restaurant, Crowne Plaza, Chester bupy my son and daughter-in-law last night.

The hotel has just about finished being refurbished and was looking very swish.

The staff in the bar were very attentive and greeted us immediately upon our arrival with an offer to sit down whilst they brought our drinks.

We were greeted at the restaurant by the Manager and shown our seats by Brandon, a lovely waiter. After drinks we had a beautiful 3-course meal with wine, which was very well presented and well cooked. All in all we had an excellent evening and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant. Thanks to all the staff, especially Brandon and Rachael, who looked after us so well, we had a lovely evening!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackandwhitetyke

Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us,

I am pleased that your dinner with us went well, and that you have had the opportunity to experience our fantastic new Bar & Restaurant area. I will be sure that Rachel & Brandon are commended on their service skills, They will be happy to hear such positive comments!