“Quick trip to a very pleasant hotel”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
York, United Kingdom
“Quick trip to a very pleasant hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had to go to Chester for a quick business trip, had hoped I would have some time to look around, but it did not happen! But my stay at the Crowne Plaza was extremely pleasant. Check-in was very quick but friendly. A very comfortable room, quiet, excellent bed, usual Crowne Plaza furnishing. Really excellent breakfast the next morning with very friendly staff. I then attended a meeting in their Business Centre and the staff there were also very helpful. If you go out the back door of the hotel (past the fitness centre, not very well signposted) you walk through an ugly 1960s shopping centre into the beautiful old city of Chester. I hope to return soon and see some more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Chester.

I’m very pleased to hear to had a comfortable stay with us and will be sure to pass on your lovely comments regarding our excellent breakfast and staff to the Restaurant Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully you will have a bit more time to enjoy what Chester has to offer!

Kinds Regards,

Makr Tasker,
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Turkish first
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here last year with my boyfriend and thought it was a lovely hotel. Im normally used to travelodges so this was a suprise! The only things i can really rate is the room and the mini bar, but both were lovely. Was very impressed with the room and the bed was so comfy! Would stay here again, quite pricy but well worth it

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza in Chester.

I’m pleased to hear you chose to visit us again and had a comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I booked this for my partner and her friend as a surprise birthday gift. I was a bit concerned about her having to pay for anything and checking in without my credit card so I contacted the hotel and let them know of the situation.
The evening manager Laura was lovely to speak to and assured me that she would have a stress free stay. I booked a spa package for 2 nights. Her friend stayed the first night and I arrived on the second day. We had club access and two treatments (which she loved). She was also treated to a birthday card when we went down for breakfast and a mimosa each. The staff could not have done more to make her stay more enjoyable.
The only gripe for me was seeing a stack of dirty crockery in a space by the lift on the walk back from the club room. It could do with a curtain or something to cover it up. The room itself was reasonable but not on par with other Crowne Plaza hotels such as the Manchester central or Birmingham ones. I think it could do with a bit more updating from senior management because there was nothing wrong with the level of service.

Room Tip: Its worth looking at member programs/benefits with all hotel chains before booking. This particular...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 24 March 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester.

Im pleased that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us, and that the team went the extra mile to make your stay with us special. I will be certain to pass over your positive comments to the team. I will also be sure to discuss your comments in relation to crockery near the lifts, with our Restaurant Manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Chester hotel in the future,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed here again for a weekend at the end of Feb. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and pollite and a credit to the hotel. The breakfast buffet as usual was fantastic and the new decor in the hotel looks good. This is a top hotel in Chester and worth the extra price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester.

Im pleased that you like our new look and found all of our staff friendly and polite.

Onchan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just returned from our weekend away staying in Chester for 2 days. The hotel was brilliant. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough. Breakfast was one of the best I have had, constantly topping up with food that had run out. Rooms were spacious. Everywhere from rooms to bar and restaurant were very warm. Very convenient for the city centre only a short walk away. Cannot recommend it highly enough definitely will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester.

What a fantastic review! Thankyou! Its a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your weekend away & that you found our breakfast one of the best you have ever had! I will be sure to pass over your positive comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chester in the future.

Whiteley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I stayed one night on a Friday and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
This hotel is right on the edge of the town centre and you can walk in to the centre in a matter of minutes.
You have to pay an extra £7.50 to park in their Multi story car park but it's worth it as you can walk straight into the hotel via a link way from the separate car park.
On arrival the check in staff were friendly.
We had a room on the 2nd floor and found the room to be very nice and the bed comfy. Nice
Imitate touch of oils on bed to help you sleep if you want them along with 2 bottles of water.
We went out in the evening for a meal in Chester so didn't try the evening food but breakfast very good with all the usual cold things along with hot breakfast area, black pudding lovely and crumbly.
The only real grip I have for this hotel which charges you more than premier inns etc is no wifi in our room, a lot of places give it for free now a days.
Apart from that, hotel location, room and breakfast lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Firstly, Thankyou for your valued feedback on your recent stay,

Its lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay & that you made use of our fantastic location & breakfast. Im also pleased to inform you that from the 1st of July, Wi-Fi will be free for all IHG Rewards members.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in the future.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I visited the Crown Plaza in Chester was very impressed. We stayed in a Club Room on the third floor with use of of the club lounge and have no complaints. Food particularly breakfast were excellent, even though the restaurant was a bit cold on the Friday night.

Only one negative thing I thought the receptionist who booked us in was very very poor, providing no information on the hotel amenities dining times or facilities.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive club rooms & you found your stay impressive overall. However I was disapointed to hear that one of our reception team did not give you as much information as I would have hoped. If you get a moment, Please contact our Front of House Manager, Chris, on receptionmanager.cpchester@qmh-hotels.com with some details of your stay so we can implement the neccersary training with our reception team.

Your comments are very valuable to us, and will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Chester in the future.