Having decided to go to Chester races I booked 2 nights at the Crowne Plaza as I like this hotel.
With work commitments I have not been to this hotel is a while, on arrival I was pleased to note that the hotel still retains all of it charm and elegance. The hotel and bar area have been refurbished and look very stylish and fresh.
I did not eat in the restaurant but did order food from the bar and unfortunately this was the disappointing bit of the stay. Firstly the menu has change and the choice of food on the bar menu is limited and still remains out priced compared to decent restaurants in the area. Secondly, the food was not up to the high standards I expected and I felt it to be as good as a pub dinner, which is disappointing considering the price.
The rooms are spacious as usual and have all the modern coms required. However this room seemed to be missing a safe?? I didn't have any iPads or laptops with me on this trip but I normally expect to have a safe in the room, this may have been an isolated room.
The pool and spa facilities remain very good and I enjoyed my swim and sauna before attending Chester Races haha.
Great location in Chester and within minutes from the town centre.
All in all a very good hotel and I will certainly be returning in the near future. My last gripe is that parking is too expensive and I begrudge paying for it considering how much a night is at the hotel. It would be better to offer free parking to IHG reward members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Chester Cheshire