“Great hotel, great location and great staff!”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked for my husband's 60th birthday and we were not disappointed. We booked a standard room which was very comfortable and thankfully had the benefit of air con as the weather was exceptionally hot! The young lady on reception was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient and nothing was too much trouble in fact all the staff we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The breakfast was also good value. There was a great selection and all was very well presented and cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend the hotel as the location is ideal for exploring Chester. Also having a car park attached and an entrance directly into the hotel was fantastic. Couldn't fault our stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

Its fantastic to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, I will be sure to pass over all of your comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the future,

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

stayed here Wed & Thurs nights for a couple of nights away with my partner. Chose this hotel after a lot of looking on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very central. Had on site parking. Lovely rooms with a good shower and a bath.
The bed was comfy and the room also had air conditioning.
The breakfast was also really good. The quality of the ingredients was excellent and there was everything you could wish for. from Hams and cheeses, fruit, yogurts as well as a piping hot full English with a choice of eggs.
The added bonus were the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
This was an excellent choice for a romantic couple of days away in Chester and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

What a fantastic review! Thankyou! Its great to hear that you enjoyed your romantic break away

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the future,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really nice staff at this hotel . Convenient location . Clean and tidy .food was good at breakfast .
We have no complaints at all . Would recommend to visitors to Chester as it is very good value .
Well done to all the staff

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

I will be sure to pass over your fantastic comments to the team & I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the future,

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

For a hotel that charges 160£ a night, I was expecting at least a reliable wifi connection. The connection was for free but unfortunately it was cut off every 15 minutes or so. Then I had to again enter the login and password. Quite annoying in my opinion.

The room was ok, the aromatic oil was a nice gesture and the bed was comfy. However, I did not get a new bottle of water on my second day there. I drank about half a bottle the night before and to my surprise the cap was simply screwed back on the bottle. For 160 quids a night I think they could at least provide me with a new bottle of water.

Breakfast was ok although I had to chase my tea and poached egg one morning as the waitress absentmindedly walked away. As guests have to wait to be seated, it might be helpful to have more greeters available as I almost always had to wait to be seated.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
gm_cpchester, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest

Firstly thank you for your valued feedback, and please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet the high expectations that we strive to achieve at the Hotel.

I have passed your comments to the relevant managers to put actions in place to make sure everybody has a great and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The guy on the check in desk was so helpful, friendly and changed our room from a twin to a double before I'd even asked. Brilliant. The lady who greeted us at breakfast was again extremely pleasant, polite and helpful. And finally for the first time ever I locked us out of our room. Problem? No problem. Different guy on reception but, once more friendly and helpful. So my verdict on your hotel is top marks across the board,absolutely first class.
Graham Oates

2  Thank Graham O

Dear Graham

Thank you for the great review.

I have informed Chis, Daniel and Amy that you were impressed with their service and they appreciate your kind words

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were looking for a last minute getaway and wanted somewhere not too far and ideally with a pool etc. We decided to book the spa break as a treat and really enjoyed the stay. The staff were so helpful from the minute we got there - they let us check in early - to the minute we left. The facilities were great, we enjoyed the breakfast, the beds were comfy and I loved my facial and my husband loved his massage. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break. It's so close to the centre so we were able to have a walk around the shops and pop back out for tea. Thanks and hopefully see you again soon!

Room Tip: We were in room 214 and had no problems with noise

Dear The Bonf

Thank you very much for taking the time to send your very nice comments to Tripadvisor.

It will be a pleasure to wlecome you back in the near future

Reviewed 20 July 2014

From the very start, speaking to the lovely gentleman making my booking to checking out, this hotel exceeded all our expectations!!!! I mentioned it was our wedding anniversary at the time of booking and on arrival we were upgraded to an executive room and in our room there was an anniversary card from the hotel staff, what a lovely surprise. The reception staff were warm, professional and if I'm honest probably the best I've seen in a hotel for a very long time. The bar staff were very good and the breakfast team were excellent, especially the lady in charge - totally organised and very friendly. After a long evening of not being able to find a restaurant that wasn't either fully booked or very busy we decided to go back the hotel restaurant, where our waitress Rachel was exceptional. I asked for a change on the menu not once but twice and she was great and accommodated both requests, she made us feel as if nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant may be a little expensive for some but we actually thought it was very reasonable and tasted absolutely delicious, we would definitely dine there again. Our whole experience was fantastic from start to finish and we would stay again without question, even without an complimentary upgrade, the staff make this an enjoyable experience and are so well trained, they put the customer at the heart of everything they do. They are certainly a credit to this hotel. Well done Crowne Plaza!!

This hotel is ideally situated for the town centre, cathedral, the city wall, racecourse, restaurants and pubs. One tip, don't use the hotel car park, use the overflow car park and the hotel will give you a voucher for your car which costs nothing and is a 2 minute walk round to the front of the hotel.

We also did the 30minute cruise and 1 hour bus trip as a joint ticket - we recommend you do the bus trip on arrival as it's a great way to get your bearings and see just what Chester has to offer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiffjo22

Dear tiffjo 22

I am really happy that you enjoyed spending your Anniversary with us and we have been able to create wounderful memories.

I hope we get the chance of welcoming you again next year if not sooner?