“Birthday treat”

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Scotland
“Birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is our third stay here and it was another great stay.I received a card from the team for my birthday and a bottle of red wine at dinner.Thankyou so much.
Each member of staff- from reception to house keeping, is a credit to your hotel- your restaurant manager at breakfast time was lovely,very bubbly which is how it should be.I don't know what her name is.Also Carl who was in the executive lounge on Friday evening was great.He waited on tables,making sure we were all ok for drinks and nibbles.He chatted for short spells which was nice and we were able to ask him about the area.(can you tell him we listened to his band on you tube and they are good!!)
Food as always was lovely,fresh and hot.
We just love staying here and can't wait for our next time.
Thankyou.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

What a lovely review to read! Thankyou! Its great to hear that you enjoyed your Birthday stay away from home. I will make sure all of the team get to hear your fantastic comments

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked for my husband's 60th birthday and we were not disappointed. We booked a standard room which was very comfortable and thankfully had the benefit of air con as the weather was exceptionally hot! The young lady on reception was extremely friendly, helpful and efficient and nothing was too much trouble in fact all the staff we encountered went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The breakfast was also good value. There was a great selection and all was very well presented and cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend the hotel as the location is ideal for exploring Chester. Also having a car park attached and an entrance directly into the hotel was fantastic. Couldn't fault our stay!

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

Its fantastic to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, I will be sure to pass over all of your comments to the team.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

stayed here Wed & Thurs nights for a couple of nights away with my partner. Chose this hotel after a lot of looking on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The hotel is very central. Had on site parking. Lovely rooms with a good shower and a bath.
The bed was comfy and the room also had air conditioning.
The breakfast was also really good. The quality of the ingredients was excellent and there was everything you could wish for. from Hams and cheeses, fruit, yogurts as well as a piping hot full English with a choice of eggs.
The added bonus were the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
This was an excellent choice for a romantic couple of days away in Chester and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
gm_cpchester, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

What a fantastic review! Thankyou! Its great to hear that you enjoyed your romantic break away

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really nice staff at this hotel . Convenient location . Clean and tidy .food was good at breakfast .
We have no complaints at all . Would recommend to visitors to Chester as it is very good value .
Well done to all the staff

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester,

I will be sure to pass over your fantastic comments to the team & I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the future,

Delft, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

For a hotel that charges 160£ a night, I was expecting at least a reliable wifi connection. The connection was for free but unfortunately it was cut off every 15 minutes or so. Then I had to again enter the login and password. Quite annoying in my opinion.

The room was ok, the aromatic oil was a nice gesture and the bed was comfy. However, I did not get a new bottle of water on my second day there. I drank about half a bottle the night before and to my surprise the cap was simply screwed back on the bottle. For 160 quids a night I think they could at least provide me with a new bottle of water.

Breakfast was ok although I had to chase my tea and poached egg one morning as the waitress absentmindedly walked away. As guests have to wait to be seated, it might be helpful to have more greeters available as I almost always had to wait to be seated.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
gm_cpchester, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly thank you for your valued feedback, and please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet the high expectations that we strive to achieve at the Hotel.

I have passed your comments to the relevant managers to put actions in place to make sure everybody has a great and enjoyable stay.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The guy on the check in desk was so helpful, friendly and changed our room from a twin to a double before I'd even asked. Brilliant. The lady who greeted us at breakfast was again extremely pleasant, polite and helpful. And finally for the first time ever I locked us out of our room. Problem? No problem. Different guy on reception but, once more friendly and helpful. So my verdict on your hotel is top marks across the board,absolutely first class.
Graham Oates

2 Thank Graham O
Dear Graham

Thank you for the great review.

I have informed Chis, Daniel and Amy that you were impressed with their service and they appreciate your kind words

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind regards
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were looking for a last minute getaway and wanted somewhere not too far and ideally with a pool etc. We decided to book the spa break as a treat and really enjoyed the stay. The staff were so helpful from the minute we got there - they let us check in early - to the minute we left. The facilities were great, we enjoyed the breakfast, the beds were comfy and I loved my facial and my husband loved his massage. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break. It's so close to the centre so we were able to have a walk around the shops and pop back out for tea. Thanks and hopefully see you again soon!

Room Tip: We were in room 214 and had no problems with noise