“brilliant hotel loved every minute spent there!”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 17 November 2008

just arrived back from the crowne plaza in chester we have stayed here a couple of years ago and can not fault it, we arrived early so they held our cases for us until we returned, check in was quick and efficient, we had an executive room on the fourth floor and it was clean warm and very up to date with plasma tv, the bar staff werent very friendly but the rest of the staff couldnt do enough for you. Had a problem in the restaurant at night with the evening meal but the manager went out of his way to rectify the problem and i was extremely inpressed with his service. I would definatley go back again very well run hotel central location but very quiet you wouldnt know you were so close to the town and breakfast was good, plenty of choice and very hot. The car park you had to pay for but it was only £7.50 a night and protected by cctv.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank apricots775
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Chester

Reviewed 19 October 2008

The first thing i must say is we got this hotel on a freebie from Priorityclub points saved from another hotel.....yippee!

The hotel is in a great location and only a very small walk will get you smack bang in the centre of Chester.

Check in was fine and went smoothly, the room itself was very modern, clean and comfortable.

The bar and public area's were very nice as was the pool and spa facilities.

The only downside is that residents have to pay for parking in the hotel car park but apart from that its faultless.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Soho_Travellers
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Booked this hotel for our 27th wedding anniversay 19/20 Sept 2008. When we paid the hotel direct over the phone the event was mentioned but no upgrade but hey ho! Parking was fine. I found the room/corridors a little too hot for my liking but the air con worked in the room. The room itself was standard issue for this type of hotel and clean. My one requirement of room service (shaving foam) was delivered free within 3 minutes. I never stay in hotel rooms much except for sleeping and so will always bias my rating towards the food/bar. I found that our one drinks purchase of a wine and a beer at about £8.50 was reasonable. We had one evening meal on 19th Sept which was a carvery. It was lovely. The sweet was tasty as well. Only complaint was no bread was offered to accompany my soup starter. We had two breakfasts which were head and shoulders above what I normally experience at hotels- even of this type. The 'full English' and cooked fresh. My overall rating would be 3.8 out of 5.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roger-lfc
Reviewed 21 September 2008

The hotel is a good location walking distance from the main shopping area and also the races. The rooms are small but well furnished and clean.
The gym is also very modern and clean and one of the best I have seen in a Crowne Plaza in the UK. From the outside the hotel looks awful but don't let that put you off.
The only bad points of the hotel are the fact they have no Priority Club check in which is a standard feature of Crowne Plaza, the front desk staff are not very good and took 10mins to find my booking while totally ignoring me, and the carvery meal on teh Sunday was very poor with a minimal selection of food for the cost.
The worst thing was the fact that every cup/glass/plate in the hotel was dirty! The drink at the bar was served with a glass with lipstick on it, the plates at breakfast all and food on them, the coffee cup on the table still had coffee stains in it, all of the glasses in the club lounge were dirty (all of them not one clean glass or cup), the blue glass on the dinner table was also filthy when held upto the light. This needs to be improved before people get ill from the poor hygine standards.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
gm_cpchester, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2008

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologise for the delay you experienced upon your arrival to the hotel. I note your comments regarding the Priority Rewards check in area and confirm that we have always had and still do have a dedicated area at reception.

With regard to the cleanliness of the items you mentioned I would like to confirm that all areas have been checked and any defects rectified. Please be assured that we take all health and safety matters seriously and take great pride in the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2008

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Chester for a 2 night buisnes trip, on the 1st night I ate in the resturant the food was fantastic I had the soup to start and the Lamb rump for main.

Breakfast was excellant one of the best I have eaten in a corprate hotel. Rooms where very clean and well laid out, even the maids had a smile.

On the second night I ate in the bar and watched the football food again was great it was hot and cooked well.

Overall one of the best stays I have had in a hotel

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank NathalieStokeontrent
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel during the Chester Races Aug festival, What a great weekend we had. I didnt do to well at the races but the hotel was excellent, I arrived at 12 o clock to find my room was ready for me to check in, By time we got to the bar it was busy but very well organised and got drinks and food brought over to our table fast and efficently. The evening meal was great the staff and the food got are evening off to a great start before going into town. With a little headache breakfast was just what I needed, it was busy but service and the food was excellent with lots of choice available. Overall the hotel is located in a great location and I will definetly be returning.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daviesg
Reviewed 25 August 2008

After a 2 1/2 hour journey we were told we did not have a reservation?!? we booked our room through Laterooms so i thought the blame lay with them as it was so late on a bank holiday weekend they were closed so we had to take the 2 1/2 hour journey back home, costing me over £80 in petrol alone but mostly it has ruined our 1st anniversary & my birthday! the next day i called to laterooms to complain & they told me it was crown plaza as they could not update their system with availability in their hotel, i called crown plaza who confirmed this and where not particulary bothered. They could have at least called or e-mailed us before we arrived after a long jouney to let us know!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple