“Good food reasonably priced.”
Review of Oaklands Hotel

Oaklands Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Oaklands Hotel
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good food reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a Guest House a short distance from the Oaklands for 3 nights. We eat here every night and could not fault the service or the quality of the food, which was reasonably priced. The bar and waiting staff were extremely friendly and polite, and there was a good selection of beers and lagers on offer. Nice friendly atmosphere. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had my son's 21st there. Paid for a dj only for him to be told that he can only play certain music.
They knew beforehand i hired one. Waiting on Staff were misrable, as for the manageress....... certainly not the hostess with the mostess.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1964flower

Travellers are raving about these Chester hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

my wife and I stayed hete and At first was charmed by the place. Then like the watered down drinks thats when it made me feel sour. We ordered a starter and main each...I was told at the till no corn on the cob so I swapped for garlic bread. I ordered soup for myself to be told AFTER I had paid there was NO soup... They refunded me the money as I sat hungry while my wife was eating feeling angry and ripped off

We will never eat here again. Shabby rooms shabby service and cold coffee and over all a bad time

• Stayed January 2014
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

You get what you pay for. So I should have expected this - shabby, dirty in places, lock on the door had been broken at some time, bath mat unspeakable ! Despite being a karaoke evening the room was quiet. Breakfast good.
I'm sure there are better places in the area for around the same price. Would look harder on the internet next time before booking.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
hartlepool
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My girlfriend and my self stopped here for a night. Dont think we will stay again. The room is very basic but for the price its quite fair. But i dont exspect to find womans long finger nails on the carpet, cat hair on the bed sheets an empty cida bottle and dirty plates in the draws. All the room would need is a light going over to clean this up and to change the sheets so it is a big suprise to me that they just dont bother. All the staff were very friendly apart from the manager she comes over like she works in a 5* hotel with her snobby attuide and dirty looks when you ask her a question. Any way the question is would i stop there again.... The answer is no! Not even if it was free as i would rather pay to stay in a clean room than worry about standing on finger nails and sleeping in pet hair and god knows what else. My advice would be to go next door and stay at the deen hotel, the outside is grubby but the inside seems pleasent. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank jamie p
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We visited this for a meal and drinks as we were staying just down the road and saved us walking too far that night, but wouldn't make a special return visit in a hurry!

Nice enough interior with mixture of high and low tables. Beer garden out the back and large carpark at the front.

Husband and son were happy with their gammon steak meals but I was disappointed with my 'Lamb Shank meal'. The lamb shank was very tender and well cooked ,the few garden peas ok........ the bit of 'powdered' mash had been microwaved to reheat it so half of it was rock hard. The yorkshire pudding was also rock hard so obviously microwaved as well, infact so hard that I had to pick it up with my fingers to bite chunks off.The 'jug' of gravy was only a quarter filled.
Not wanting to spoil the night for the others I didn't complain but would not eat there again.

My 'sparkling' draught cider was so flat ,with froth on it, that it was not enjoyable. Had a pint of Stella and lime afterwards instead which was a bit better. But not the most well kept of drinks!

On a plus side there was free wi-fi available so son was happy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StaffordJas
Mackworth, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

rooms very dated stopped for 1 night, reminded me of throw back from the 60s. Room we had looked like a revamped office.Food not bad but lack of staff made it a problem if you were not a local resident. we had to wait. staff friendly but not really bothered how long you had waited.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple