“So good i came back for more”

Grosvenor Place Guest House
Ranked #7 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had already stayed at the Grosvenor Place Guest House, over a 5 week period in Feb into March'13. But I never thought my job would take me back to working in Chester - but it did!
This time my stay at the Grosvenor Place Guest House was only for 11 nights, over a 4weeks period. When I knew I was coming back to Chester, my first and only phone call was to Stefan. It was very short notice, but he still accommodated me nicely. Once again Stefan proved to be helpful with local knowledge, and so more information on where to eat - found a lovely tapas bars. I already knew that my room would be clean and presentable every night I stayed there because the Grosvenor Place Guest House has a very high standard. Once again Stefan sorted out the parking and I, once again have an enjoyable time not just working in Chester but living there, and was made ever better because of the location of the guest house and how easy it was to be so close to the city centre They say things come in 3's ...so I wonder if I'll be back again?

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Keith_Millar

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Me and my partner had an overnight stay for our anniversary. The b&b was in a great location, the room was lovely and clean, the owner was friendly, welcoming and helpful in his knowledge of the city, breakfast was nice with plenty of choice. It was noisy in the area early in the morning but would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Chester is a lovely town.
Grosvenor Place guest house is a nice b&B in the historical city of Chester and it is very nearer to city centre, I have been there several times, and it was always a pleasant time.
This is probably the best b&b that I have stay in the UK.
The owner is very friendly, nice and like a family member,
The rooms are clean and bright, with fresh and clean cotton linum in the beds, which are very comfortable and oozy.
Enjoyed my stay and the nice tea and coffee with excellent breakfast, I been there for so many times and will come back again in the future, I recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RaviPinniboyina
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in May for the first time and have to say it was a lovely place to stay. When we arrived Stefan was very welcoming and helped us upstairs with our bags, although he took my husbands off him and let me carry my own! But he did make a joke about it when we reached our room and I wasn't really bothered about carrying my own bag. He showed us the facilities in our room then my husband asked about local attractions as this was the first time we had visited Chester. Stefan was very informative and gave us a booklet with all the attractions in. We also asked about car parking and he came with us in the car to show us where to park rather than direct us. We stayed for two nights and had breakfast both mornings. It was just the right amount and we yummy, on the second day he even remembered what we had had the previous morning and asked if we wanted the same. I would definitely recommend this guest house as it is situated right in the middle of Chester literally a 3 minute walk from the Main Street.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Nichola G
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice clean guest house good breakfast stefan the host very informative and helpful. We had the ground floor room which was ok for our weekend stay however it was a little small for us but adequate please do not let this put you off as it was nice. We would definately stay here again but next time in an upstairs room. Really enjoyed Chester and the guesthouse perfect weekend break.

Room Tip: go for the upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 357Daves56
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I Stayed at Grosvenor Place Guest House the other weekend for the second time, I highly recommend it, it's located two minutes from the city centre with a variety of places to eat and drink all within walking distance of the B&B.

The Guest House itself is gorgeous, beautifully restored with lovely decorated rooms, My room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable, they are very hygienic and well serviced.

Stefan is a great host making you feel very welcome, many of the visitors when I was there were return customers.

The breakfast will set you up for the day, they are plentiful and offer something for everyone, it was as good as any that I have had anywhere. I have stayed in a number of B&Bs that pride themselves upon providing a good and varied selection at breakfast. Grosvenor Place joins the ranks of the best. There was a choice of cereals, fruit and yoghurt, various cooked breakfasts and a large selection of jams, preserves and marmalades.

There is parking, free wi-fi and freeview tv. I was made to feel at home rather than a resident in a B&B

This is not just your run of the mill B&B, this is a quality establishment. The owners are clearly well experienced in the trade, and well able to offer a warm, friendly stay for their guests

I would recommend anyone to stay here as it's close to all amenities and competitively priced. It is ideal for anyone working or travelling.

Thank you Stefan for making me so welcome, I am already trying to think of excuses to go back to Grosvenor Place and for such a reasonable rate per night, I don't think it even needs to be a good excuse! I will recommend you to others and hope to come back again myself very soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 22 June 2013

A sweet, secluded, beautifully renovated guest house right in the middle of beautiful Chester! After a wonderful welcome and great tips on where to visit and eat, I could walk to shopping, the city walls, the picturesque river -- all over the city!
The guesthouse was immaculate, the room was bright, and the bed was very comfortable. The wonderful breakfast gave me a great start on the day's activities!
Very much enjoyed my visit to Chester and the Grosvenor Place Guest House!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo