“Excellent value for money!”
Review of Laburnum House

Laburnum House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester
Laburnum House
Ranked #68 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Excellent value for money!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with two friends recently after a trip to the races and would definitely stay again! We were greeted with a very warm reception and the room was very sufficient for a nights stay. It's brilliantly central and ideal if you want to see the sights of Chester or have a night out! The breakfast was great and the service fantastic. Perfect !!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here just for 1 night after visiting chester zoo and was fine for what we needed, was in a great location and close to everything. The owners were nice and very welcoming, the room was a liitle cramped in my opinion but was clean but our room was next to the breakfast room and we were woken up by the noise from here. If i could i'd prob give this place a 3.5 rating but don't think it merits a 4!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Derbyshire
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed over for one night with two friends, absolutely cracking guest house made to feel very welcome on arrival, we had a room with two single beds and one double which was very spacious and the beds were very comfy, Russell greated us with an excellent breakfast in the morning and couldn't do enough for us.....highly recommended will visit again

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Adrian T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I booked a room at the Laburnum as I was travelling through Chester and was too late to travel on to my next destination. An overnight B&B and travel on the following morning seemed the best option. I called the owner who confirmed my booking. As I would be arriving after 11pm and the owners don't live on-site she told me that a key would be left in an outside location (which obviously I will keep discrete) and that I could let myself in on arrival. I did so and arrived after a snowy and cold journey.

The Laburnum is an old townhouse/terrace style building and is therefore necessarily constrained by its architecture. As a result the room was on the small side and there was the minimal additional furniture beside the bed that the room could accommodate. The bed was comfortable, however, and the room was clean. There was a small en-suite bathroom that was quite modern and clean but only had a shower.

I slept quite well and to room was certainly clean. The following morning one of the owners was downstairs and greeted me for breakfast. I was the only person taking breakfast and it was cooked to order. The gentleman was friendly and quite chatty and the food was fine. If memory serves me right some of the ingredients actually came from their own self-sufficiency (was it the eggs? Can't recall exactly). The breakfast was certainly good and hearty and I left shortly after breakfast having paid my bill with the owner who was again very hospitable.

Allin all this was a perfectly adequate overnight stay and I have no complaints. If you are someone who likes a good sized room or who plans to spend some time in your room (or plans to do any work or study) I would go elsewhere as the room I stayed in was very small. For those looking for nothing more than a place to put their head down in a clean bed and get a decent breakfast in the morning, however, it should hit the mark.

It is very convenient for the centre of Chester and also a fairly easy walk from the railway station.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DamianHamill
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2012

just spent three nights in chester at laburnum house. lovely people and great breakfast. Russell was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him or his wife Anne. the b & b is just round the corner from all the main attractions and there is some lovely eating places within five minutes walk

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandra c
nottingham
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just back from a 3 day stay at the Laburnum, the visit was very satisfactory. Friendly ,helpful owners Russell & Anne. Clean ,comfortable room, very good breakfast.
I could not fault this guest house at all. I heartily recommend it
Position is excellent too, Within 5mins of Chester's high streets

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank morty237
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

me and my wife have just arrived home from a short trip to chester staying at the laburum house hotel,after arriving in chester we couldnt find our way to the hotel so we was running late to check in,we then recieved a phone call from the landlord russell on telling him we were lost he told us to stay where we are he would come and meet us,in all the years ive been travelling the landlord has never came out of his/her way to meet me,the hotel itself is in a great location for the town and the city walls and does a great breakfast russell couln't do anymore for u if he tried,thanx russell for making our stay very comfortable

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple