“Friendly, comfortable, warm and good food”
Review of Cheltenham Lodge

Cheltenham Lodge
Ranked #23 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Gloucestershire
“Friendly, comfortable, warm and good food”
Reviewed 18 December 2010

We spent a weekend, together with friends, at Cheltenham Lodge (in between the snow falls). It was a first visit to Chester and we were impressed with the city and the guesthouse. A warm welcome from David who was great with his information on what to see and where to eat. For ease, there is a Hungry Horse on the opposite side of the road if you come back exhausted from all that Chester has to offer. The breakfasts had an extensive choice and kept us going all day. Rooms comfortable and clean.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I went onto Chester for one night, and the lodge was really good.the owner David, was a wonderful guy who helped you in every possible way.makes you feel like at home.gave me all the things I needed.ironing board,alarm clock,and a super breakfast!the wi-fi was really handy since I needed it to use the internet.the room was small but cosy.The bathroom was good and very clean.you can stay even whole day undisturbed.and can have a wonderful nights sleep.nothing to complain at all.Lastly I would say that its super value for money.I would definitely choose this place if I goto chester again.well done guys!Keep up the good work..

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2010

An excellent place to stay at a very reasonable price. Very friendly service and a good breakfast to start the day. I had a single room which was on the small side, but it had a bed and a shower and was clean - good enough for me! David is a very knowledgeable host with plenty of suggestions with what to do. Just outside the town centre (which I like) with good transport links to the M53, M56 and beyond. While there I had a problem with water leaking into my car. David gave me a couple of old towels to soak up the water, service above and beyond the call of duty as far as I'm concerned. Would not hesitate to stay again if I should return to Chester.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Received a warm welcome from the owner on arrival. Very nice guest house. We stayed in the premier room and it was very spacious. The only thing I would have to say that is on the down side is that the bed was not that comfortable, I suppose this is down to personal preference though and i'm sure David the owner would have sorted some more pillows if we had asked. Also there is only a shower in the en-suite. This was a very minor problem though. Had a lovely time and the brekfast was gorgeous, there were a couple of options for the hot dishes, which was nice. There are a lot of B&Bs and Guest Houses on this stretch of road so choosing one was a bit overwhelming, this was a very goog choice though, and would definitely book again.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We booked in on the Saturday lunchtime and thirty minutes later we were in the centre of Chester. The owner is a mine of information about where to go and what to see.
The accomodation was clean and inviting, the rooms large and airy, and the location was ideal. The breakfast was great with a variety of options, and the service was second to none. All in all I would recommend this accomodation to anyone.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Booked last minute, never been to Chester before or the Cheltenham Lodge. The stay was great; room was extremely spacious, biggest B&B room I have stayed in. Food was excellent, breakfast choice perfect; we filled up every morning for a full day’s itinerary. Owners extremely helpful, recommended eateries, if you go you must try the Caribbean restaurant up the street. Loved Chester, lots to see and do, we will be back. Oh forgot to say - great shopping!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Wirksworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The staff were very friendly and helpful with places to visit, to eat at and for night time entertainment. The room was very clean with all the amenities you need for a weekend away. The breakfasts were lovely - good choice and you didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. The hotels location was only a 15 min walk away from the town centre, with the river close by, and plenty of shops and restaurants. They even let us keep the car there at the end of our stay while we went into town so we didn't have to pay for any parking!
I would highly recommend this hotel!