7 of my friends (inc my fiancée and I) stayed here last night.
Gosh. Where do I start? It absolutely stank of a retirement home. Like a vintage, soggy hospital even. Just horrible. The actual stench was so overpowering throughout the hallway, eating area and our bedroom.
Awful pillow. And a strange ink type smudge on the linen.
The landlady actually told my friend off for having his leg stretched out under the dining table. (He's 6 ft 2) She wasn't very warming at all. A real stern headmistress type.
All the rooms are the same price, yet my room was so small, you couldn't swing a cat in it. So how comes my friends paid the same rate as us when they had a room double the size?
And do t get me started on the UHT milk at breakfast and the food itself. The sausages were greasy and carcass filled and there was no vegetarian option. NO VEG OPTION? Ridiculous.
Turn around and go somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Limes is a family run bed & breakfast in Hoole just outside the beautiful walled City of Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Limes Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Limes Guest House Hotel Chester
- The Limes Guest House Chester, Cheshire