To start with,the woman who runs this place is far from welcoming and warm. She made remarks that were rather pointed and rude and the day before we left (I'd booked the 2 family rooms) she asked when we'd be out. We were shocked to learn breakfast is only served between 7:30-8:45 and checkout is at 10. When she asked when we were leaving, I asked her if it was possible to check out later,adding I was willing to pay a fee for late check out and she immediately said no. So why ask me when we were leaving if she's not flexible? Due to the early hour of breakfast,none of us had it. (There were 7 of us in total.) At one point,when friends arrived,my daughter and another friend ran downstairs to greet them and accidently locked themselves out. I came downstairs to let them in only to find she was standing by the door the whole time making no move to let them in! As my friends came in she berated us for the "noise"-this was at 6pm and other than my daughter and friend running downstairs to greet our friends,they weren't noisy at all. In room 6 there was a picture hanging above the double bed that had been broken and instead of removing it which would have been the safest and wisest option,she just put electrical tape on it. Room 7's door wouldn't lock,so I had no choice but to leave the door unlocked when we went out. There were also electrical sockets that didn't work. I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Limes is a family run bed & breakfast in Hoole just outside the beautiful walled City of Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Limes Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Limes Guest House Hotel Chester
- The Limes Guest House Chester, Cheshire