Just back from 2 nights at his lovely hotel/pub. We were in room 2 which is a standared double, no TV or radio but it didn't bother us. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was modern although there was only a shower and this wasn't at all powerful but this was only a minor issue. Tea/coffee, towels, shower gel and shampoo were provided.
The location is spot on only 2 mins to the city walls/river and 5mins to the main shopping centre. The pub itself was very nice and while we were there a band was playing on the Saturday night, as our room was above the bar it was quite noisy especially as it was a hot night and a lot of people were outside drinking. We've booked to go back in September and have asked for a rear room but it wasn't too noisy and wouldn't put us off staying in the front rooms again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is a traditional Inn built in 1622 on the west side of Lower Bridge Street. The Inn is a few minutes walk down hill from the Cross. The name refers to when King Charles stayed at the nearby Gamul House during the English Civil War. Since buying the business in March 2012 the current owners have spent thousands of pounds trying to bring the Ye Olde Kings Head back to it's former glory. In November 2012, the property had an extensive refurbishment throughout the bar and restaurant areas, every ensuite bathroom was also replaced and redecorated to a high standard. There are currently three completed refurbished rooms, by mid December 2013 they expect every bedroom to be finished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ye Olde King's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde King`s Head Hotel Chester
- Ye Olde King's Head Chester, Cheshire