I can not say enough good things about this place, i have been a few times in the past and each time i visit i find the changes amazing, Harry and Becky the owners are really working hard to make this the place it is now, had a family meal while we were walking along the river last month and could not fault the food or price.
I stayed last night in a fantastic room at a good price, the option of staying and not rushing back to Wrexham after a few pints was worth while when you weigh up your cost of public transport and having free car parking.
The charm of the staff and the character of the pub makes a fantastic place,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is a traditional Inn built in 1622 on the west side of Lower Bridge Street. The Inn is a few minutes walk down hill from the Cross. The name refers to when King Charles stayed at the nearby Gamul House during the English Civil War. Since buying the business in March 2012 the current owners have spent thousands of pounds trying to bring the Ye Olde Kings Head back to it's former glory. In November 2012, the property had an extensive refurbishment throughout the bar and restaurant areas, every ensuite bathroom was also replaced and redecorated to a high standard. There are currently three completed refurbished rooms, by mid December 2013 they expect every bedroom to be finished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ye Olde King's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde King`s Head Hotel Chester
- Ye Olde King's Head Chester, Cheshire