I stayed one night at the Property in room 1 (four poster) with my wife following a last minute decision to get away and see Chester. From start to finish nothing was too much trouble, Bar service was prompt and the food excellent.
Make sure that you get a parking place in the garage at the rear (£10) and go for the breakfast it was excellent.
It's not often that I'm tempted to eat where I'm staying, especially when I want to get around and see the sights. On this occasion however, given the friendly informal atmosphere we are glad we feasted at the Inn.
Well done team, we will be back in the near future!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is a traditional Inn built in 1622 on the west side of Lower Bridge Street. The Inn is a few minutes walk down hill from the Cross. The name refers to when King Charles stayed at the nearby Gamul House during the English Civil War. Since buying the business in March 2012 the current owners have spent thousands of pounds trying to bring the Ye Olde Kings Head back to it's former glory. In November 2012, the property had an extensive refurbishment throughout the bar and restaurant areas, every ensuite bathroom was also replaced and redecorated to a high standard. There are currently three completed refurbished rooms, by mid December 2013 they expect every bedroom to be finished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ye Olde King's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde King`s Head Hotel Chester
- Ye Olde King's Head Chester, Cheshire