All reviews bridge street car park lovely hotel discount card no lift main building on arrival bottle of prosecco continental breakfast bars and restaurants top floor excellent location triple room stayed for one night per day bottled water full english
Reviewed 21 June 2018

The staff was friendly when we arrived, but we had the family room, and it is apparently in the attic. I don't mind stairs, but these went on forever. And the room had one very tiny window and no air conditioning. A fan was provided, but it was a weak fan, and sleeping was difficult because it was hot. The room did seem in need of some sprucing up, also. There were three beds in the room, two twins and a king size. We all three (my self and my daughters) slept in the king bed so that we could all be in front of the fan. Luckily, the bed was big enough for all of us to be comfortable. (my daughters are age 9 and 13). I understand that this is an old building, but something should be done in that room about air conditioning. I can't imagine how hot it must get in the middle of summer.

I booked this room through Travelocity, and breakfast was supposed to be included. But when I checked out, they said it wasn't. I checked my paperwork later, and it was supposed to be. I wasn't pleased.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank _marychampagne111
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Friendly staff, excellent dinner but the bedrooms all felt a little tired and in need of attention to detail (eg bathroom mirror lights and fans not working). Overall the presentation was not as "chic" as I was expecting from the website

Room Tip: People in the room above (main building) were easily heard, talking and walking about in the night etc.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jossy755
KnowCollection, General Manager at The Townhouse Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hello Jossy755

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review we really do appreciate all guest feedback, we are happy you found our staff to be friendly and you had an excellent dinner Carl our head chef has only been with us for a few weeks but what a great welcome to our new restaurant and Carl to get such great feedback.
We are in the middle of refurbishment throughout and we will be sure to look at the issues raised.

We hope to welcome you back soon and hopefully you will see some lovely changes

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stayed here with my girlfriend and we had a lovely time. The hotel is located right in the centre of Chester offering spacious clean rooms, friendly staff, great food and a 24/7 bar. Would definitely stay here again! Felt very welcome and the staff all went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam L

Hello Sam

Thank you for such an amazing review, we are extremely happy you and your partner had a great stay with us, the team are Amazing im so lucky to have such a good team with a genuine passion for ensuring our guest enjoy there stay whilst at the Townhouse.

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I love Chester, but have only stayed on business. This time I was on holiday. Hotel close to main centre and river. Excellent breakfast, pleasant staff. Lots of stairs! Close to city centre with lots of restaurants and fast food shops.

Stayed: April 2018

Hello Jillie

Thank you for your lovely review I'm happy to hear you have had a great stay in our lovely establishment and great City , the girls make an amazing breakfast and they will be over the moon to read your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon whilst on work or holiday

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful relaxed time when visiting the townhouse. Special thanks to Kenya. Who helped us with bookings for other activities. Also thanks to Peter. For making stay comfortable. Will be back soon.

Many thanks

Karl and caroline

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Karl & Caroline

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review we really appreciate it. Myself and the team are happy you have had a relaxed and enjoyable stay, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Kenya for her help with bookings.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon