“*Lovely stay*”

Review of The Tack Room

Elegant newly fitted kitchen with granite worktops, double oven 7 burner range cooker, dishwasher
Beautiful and stylish two bedroom en-suite getaway. Sympathetic 19th century barn conversion The elegant and handsome building leads onto a lovely garden perfect for al fresco dining
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bursting with colour all year round !
Relax and enjoy the view of the garden, or sample one of the books, cd's or dvd's available
Stylish and comfortable living room with 32 inch TV, Freesat, dvd player and music centre.
Well proportioned and stylish lobby entrance leading on to a double aspect open plan ground floor
Open plan ground floor with luxurious feel, underfloor heating throughout and views of the garden
Bedroom 1  - Large boutique style room with Kingsize bed, high quality bed linen and towels
Bedroom 1 - Individually designed with skylight and characterful windows
Immaculate luxurious en-suite with spacious walk in shower, & thoughtful directional lighting
Large sun filled and airy landing with stunning centrepiece chandelier
Bedroom 2.  Large boutique style room with Kingsize bed, high quality bed linen and towels
Bedroom 2 - Well appointed dressing table area with large mirror
Bedroom 2 - Bespoke upholstered headboard combined with high quality bed linen and towels
Bedroom 2 - King size bed can be transformed into a twin if required
Indulge in the finer things that Chester has to offer!
Drive way parking for two vehicles, with private entrance to the property
Enjoy local walks one minute from your front door with the foothills of Snowdonia in the distance
Historic Chester City centre with its ancient thoroughfares and iconic Rows are very close by
Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet with over 145 leading brands at discount prices is minutes away!
The oldest race course in the country is 4 miles away. Hosting races at the 'Roodee' since 1539!
Day trip to Wales to enjoy the stunning scenery of the world renowned Snowdonia national park
Chester Zoo is minutes away by car, everyone go ahh at the brand new baby rhino! Voted best UK Zoo!
Chester Zoo is minutes away by car, everyone go ahh!
Chester Zoo is minutes away by car, everyone go ahh!
Inspired by the The Open from Royal Liverpool? Then the course and 13 others are a short drive away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Noreen &a...
“*Lovely stay*”
Reviewed 13 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We had a really nice holiday in Chester. The Tack Room is a beautiful place to stay. It is wonderfully decorated & cosy. Cheshire Oaks & Chester Zoo are in close proximity. Clare gave us a lovely warm welcome. She replied swiftly to all my emails. This place has everything you need to make your holiday a memorable one. I would highly recommend this spot!

Rebecca P
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent property”
Reviewed 28 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a 3 night stay here with our 2 children (3&5). The property is a beautiful conversion, which has been decorated and furnished to a high standard. It was very clean and had all the home comforts needed. Great for the kids with it being open plan downstairs. Coop shop in the village very handy.
We visited Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet village, and the city of Chester. All within 10-15 min drive.
The kids loved the personal touch of teddies on their beds, and the use of a buggy at the property was really handy for us. We also made good use of the emergency toothbrushes in the bathroom drawer since we’d forgotten ours!
We highly recommend the property- there is so much to see and do in the area, we’d like to return in the future and visit north wales.

9 Nov 2017
So pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that you'll be back one day to make the most of the great location.
Perfect guests.
Kind regards
Clare.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful and homely cottage”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My family had a wonderful weekend visiting Chester and surrounding area. What made our visit even more special was our stay at the Tack Room. This is a beautiful , clean ,family friendly cottage with a lovely homely feel in a quiet location .My 3 year old grandson particularly loved the toys that were available which kept him well entertained. Recent reviews mention problems with wi-fi but we had no such issues and used the internet throughout our stay.
Clare the owner couldn't have been more helpful both prior and during our stay . We will definitely visit again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this cottage to our family and friends !

Jack P
“Fabulous barn conversion and base to explore Chester”
Reviewed 24 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I recently stayed in The Tack room with my partner and two of our children and I have to leave a review to say how staggered we were at the quality of the accommodation. The attention to detail and the overall design and eye for aesthetic on this barn conversion was equisite. Every home comfort was catered for with sumptuous bed comfort, luxury linens and beautiful decor. Our kids loved the underfloor heating, it does give such a lovely heat and they were happy playing in the large open plan living space downstairs. I am sure that in the winter months this would be a very cosy environ for a break. We found the accommodation to be spotlessly clean and very much a home from home. The Tack Room was a wonderful base to explore the city of Chester and surrounding countryside and of course we visited Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks which were close by and a lot of fun.

Thank you Clare for the wonderfully warm welcome and we will definitely return

A TripAdvisor Member
“Stylish cottage, but felt a bit let down.....”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We found the Tack Room to be a stylish, comfortable cottage with generally good facilities, however there are aspects that we felt let it down.
The wifi is little more than useless. We had taken our tablets to the cottage to enable us to plan daily outings and travel routes. Our two teenagers also had uni/college course work to do. We weren't able to do any of it as the wifi connection was virtually non-existent. Had we known that before we booked, we would not have chosen this property. There was no mobile phone signal, and no landline in the cottage, which would be dangerous in the event of an emergency.
We discovered that the ceiling lights in the sitting room did not work. As the owner had not mentioned it when we arrived we knocked on her door as we thought maybe we hadn't found the right switch. She was aware they weren't working but appeared not to consider it a problem as there were two table lamps we could use.
The cottage is listed as having a 32" TV - it actually has a smaller 28" TV. This seems a bit trivial to point out, but it is important that facilities are as advertised. Similarly it is listed as having a 'dryer'. I naively thought this meant a tumble drier, rather than just a drying rack! Not a big issue at this time of year, but would be in the wetter months.
We were unable to put our rubbish out into the refuse bin outside as it was already full up with rubbish presumably from the previous guests. We put a note through the owners door asking what we should do with our rubbish, but she didn't get back to us at all.
The twin beds in the second bedroom had clearly seen better days. One of the mattresses had collapsed in the middle and an uncomfortable week was had by one of our daughters who had to sleep on it. Under the twin beds we found a large amount of dust, an old battery, and the sweet wrappers also mentioned by the previous reviewer! One of the lavatories was not completely clean, with something nasty just below the rim.
Other reviews have mentioned the attentiveness of the owner, but sadly that was not our experience. For the tariff we paid, we felt a little let down. The cottage does look beautiful, but for that price you'd expect everything to be near perfect.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Oct 2017
Hi John

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were unhappy with some of the aspects of the property.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the twin beds. The bed had been made up as a super king and on arrival you asked me if i could split the beds later that week. I advised you that I was unable to do it later in the week as I was away as of Tuesday but i changed the beds as per your request there and then.

I apologise that one of your daughter’s experienced poor sleep, I have inspected the mattress and I can confirm that no faults have been found.

With respect to the lights in the main room, these appear to have tripped at some point during your stay and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I provided additional lamps and I am sorry that this was insufficient for your needs.

Regrettably the Samsung 32” TV had developed a fault the previous week and had been replaced by Sony 28” TV. I confirm that the barn now enjoys a 32” TV again.

When i converted the barn into a beautiful holiday let three years ago I provided internet to suit basic needs free of charge. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the speed and reliability of the internet during your stay. If you had asked prior to your arrival whether the internet provided was suitable for two internet hungry teenagers i would have advised you that it wasn’t.

I can confirm that the property now benefits from Sky Fibre Max internet which will give high internet speeds in the range of 70 mbps which should meet the needs of the most demanding internet user.

The mobile phone coverage provided in the village of Saughall varies from carrier to carrier, and is obviously of my control. 3G/4G is available in the village but does vary due to the semi rural location. 4G is available in most of the City of Chester.

I can clarify that the barn is advertised as having ‘drying facilities’ meaning that it has space to dry clothes with an airer and a washing line. I am sorry that you misunderstood that this meant the property came with a tumble dryer. It is not advertised as coming with a tumble dryer.

I provide an area for the collection of refuse or trash, this is collected by the council every two weeks. If the bins were full then bin bags can be left adjacent to the bins. I am sorry I didn’t respond to your note left Wednesday but as I had informed you i was visiting friends from Tuesday. I was available by phone or email.

With respect to the cleanliness of the property, this is something i take pride in and I am dismayed that you found the properties cleanliness to be below par and I can assure you that I personally cleaned the property as per my usual cleaning schedule. The toilets would have been sparkling clean so I completely refute your allegation.

For this reason I don’t recognise your description of the house’s cleanliness and the five star experience of the 100% of people staying here is evidenced by the reviews received and published together with uniformly outstanding testaments in the visitor’s book.

With respect to those sweet wrapper this appears to have been caught up in the fabric of one of the bedside tables and I am sorry this was missed during the cleaning of the bedroom. The battery was from the bedside alarm clock and appears to have been removed at some point and similarly was caught up in the bedside table fabric.

Thank you again for your custom.
Georgina...
Great Brington, United Kingdom
“Ideal location for visiting Chester, Liverpool & surrounding area's of interest.”
Reviewed 26 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

The Tack Room is a well presented converted barn & close to Chester. The property is tastefully decorated and provides comfortable accommodation. The village has a pub very close by along with a pharmacy and small supermarket. There is also a good bus service that runs into Chester on a regular basis . The bed linen and towels provided were very clean, however the one thing that really let it down was the general cleanliness of the property which we were very disappointed with. The kitchen oven was very dirty, grease & dust covered the cooker hood which had clearly been there for some time. The cutlery was covered in dried food waste & there was dust on top of the picture frames & 2 hanging lights over the kitchen table. The tooth brush holders in the bathrooms were very dirty & had clearly not been washed out from the previous guests, added to this there were sweet wrappers on the floor. It think it is fair to say that the owners had not properly cleaned the property for some time as the dust/grime was very clear to see & we ended up spending the first hour of our holiday cleaning the area's listed (not great after spending 4.5 hours driving to get there) ! There is little to no internet connection in the property as it is shared by the owners house. My recommendation if continuing to advertise this as part of the package would be to get a dedicated wi-fi connection to the barn or to make clear in the advertisement that internet connection is poor. There is no telephone mast in the village making mobile service very poor. We did approach the owner about the lack of internet connection as our 2 teenagers quickly picked up on this on arrival however the owner was not able to offer a solution & after this brief meeting did not feel it worth approaching her about the cleanliness of the property as we dealt with it ourselves & did not want to disrupt our holiday any further. Would I stay here again at the price paid , my answer would be no.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
1 Oct 2017
Hi Georgina

Thank you for your review and your positive comments about the property’s design.

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with some of the aspects of the property.

When you notified me shortly after arrival that the internet wasn’t working properly, I came into the barn and fixed the connection. As this was the last I heard from you during your stay I was unaware of your continued dissatisfaction with the internet.

With respect to the cleanliness of the property, this is something i take pride in and I am dismayed that you found the properties cleanliness to be below par and I can assure you that I personally cleaned it as per my usual cleaning schedule.

As for grease and dirt on the hob and cooker I confirm that this is regularly cleaned thoroughly as per my normal cleaning schedule. Similarly the picture frames and lights are cleaned along with the house up to three times a week depending on occupancy.

In regard to the tooth brush holder, I confirm that these items are boil washed and what you allege is dirt is actually plastic coating that has slightly lifted from the base of the holder.

I note that during your stay at the barn you did not notify me of your concerns and so I was unable to review or remedy the issue with respect to cleanliness. I am disappointed that you did not feel able to come and talk to me about these issues as I do run this as a family business and make myself available to resolve any unforeseen issues that do arise.

Paul D
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Top Quality”
Reviewed 27 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Great location, 10 minutes from Chester city centre and the fantastic zoo. The Tack Room offers clean, comfortable accommodation with a top quality finish. Small, private garden is a bonus too. Would not hesitate to recommend this and looking forward to returning in the future.

29 May 2017
Thank you Paul for such a great review we will hopefully see again soon.
Clare.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing