“Lovely little restaurant!”

Price range: US$0 - US$111
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Really fresh lovely produce. Would highly recommend. Reasonable prices and very friendly staff.

2  Thank Rhijets

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Made our first visit to Sticky Walnut for sunday lunch, and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. From the sticky walnut starter to the kids pasta and tagine, the food was cooked to perfection.

This is a small restaurant and it soon filled which was a good sign! We shall certainly be returning soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

I went with husband and friends for Sunday lunch. What can I say, it was so lovely in there. Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff. Absolutely delicous food, well presented and just so tasty!! We can't wait to go back. Sunday lunch was excellent value for money too.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Delicious menu with some interesting choices. Between 2 of us sampled the green olive and foccacia bread, crispy lambs tongue (amazing and has to be tried), beetroot and sticky walnuts, mushroom tagliatelle, goat tagine, a side of green beans with chilli and garlic (interesting combination and surprisingly lovely) and shared a raspberry and almond tart for dessert. We couldn't fault the food at all! It was delicious! Food in addition to our bottle of wine came to £52.50 which was reasonable for the quality.

The tap water arrived in a glass bottle with alot of fresh mint in it. We gave it a try but it was just like chewing on chewing gum between each mouthful of food and sip of wine and was replaced with plain water.

Service was friendly however we felt at times maybe one more member of staff apart from the two that were on front of house could have made a difference especially on arrival and ordering as there was abit of a wait. However they were advertising for waiting on staff on the front door so maybe they normally have another person on?

The atmosphere and decor is difficult to put my finger on as it feels a little like eating in somebodies house (however I wish my friends/family could provide food this good!) Maybe I need to try a meal here in a bigger group rather than a table for 2.

I must say we were expecting excellent things with the restaurant being voted the 2nd best restaurant in Chester on tripadvisor and gaining 2nd place for best new restaurant at the Chester food & drink awards this year and whilst the food lived up to this I think there is a little extra effort to be put into the full package.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

What a wonderful place. Very accommodating (even with small children) and first class food!!!! Would highly recommend the mushroom and sage papadelli, it was one of the nicest pasta dishes I have ever tasted (and I've visited Italy twice) if your in Chester you must go!!!!!!