“should have read the reviews”
Review of Sticky Walnut

Sticky Walnut
Ranked #8 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$0 - US$111
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

thought we were lucky to get a table at the last minute. the place was full on a Monday night. We thought we would not mind spending a bit more than usual as this place had fantastic reviews. However, now having read the negative reviews I agree with what has been said and would not visit again. Basically the food was over priced and the portions too small. The price of a bottle of beer £5. 50. that's a rip off. think twice before going

3  Thank jjaybe

Reviewed 11 July 2014

You must go.

Food is fantastic, lovely and tasty, really well presented and portion size decent. We had tried to get a table on a few occasions and it was always full or we had left it too late. We have now been on a couple of occasions, both were great. No complaints at all.

1  Thank RichardJ1986
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I run a restaurant not far from Sticky and for us it's an example of how it should be done. I recently took two of our team for lunch there.

One of the team won't mind me saying that she hasn't had many opportunities to enjoy great food. In fact, she only tried pate for the first time on the Sunday before our visit to Sticky. To say she's reluctant to try new things is understating it.

The biggest compliment I can pay Sticky is to say that this particular team member ate everything and was blown away.

Whether it's fine dining or not fine dining it doesn't matter. It's just food. If a chef can take a reluctant, fussy eater and make her enjoy new foods to the extent this girl did, they must be good.

If you're in that small group of people that haven't tried Sticky then take tripadvisor with a pinch of salt. It would be such a shame if people avoided this fantastic restaurant because of negative reviews. When you look closely it's clear how much thought and hard work goes into delivering the great product that is Sticky.

Rich Isherwood

2  Thank mitchellstattenhall
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Having dined in Michelin star restaurants all over the world I would like to entirely contradict everything the previous reviewer said. Good food does not need an over powering atmosphere and unnecessary 'extras' in their decor. I have always very much enjoyed the sticky walnut and I completely understand and agree with their concept, that just like many other fine dining establishments, less is more. It's about taste and not being so full you can hardly move. Absolutely loved the beets starter, innovative and a kick with the pumpkin seeds works well. I had the chicken main which was also very good, succulent and sea spinal broad beans. My only grouch would be that I am a huge fan of gnocchi and more than four pieces should be incorporated into the dish. The service has always been good the staff are knowledgeable about their wines which is always something I value,and the simplistic and lack of pretentious element is what adds to it's charm. I would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Surelynothey
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Ignore the last bad review, he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. Sticky Walnut is a fantastic little bistro with lovely staff and stunningly simple food. It's not even that expensive either, for food of this quality cooked by a proper chef. As a food obsessive myself, I do know what I'm talking about, I eat out very regularly and have visited many Michelin star restaurants both here and abroad. However if you don't believe me or the vast majority, try the best food critic in the country Marina O'Loughlin who absolutely loved Sticky too.
Unfair and unbalanced reviews such as this are completely demoralising to people who work in restaurants and in this case put their heart and soul into it. It's especially ludicrous as Sticky Walnut is simply one of my favourite places to eat in the North West.

13  Thank Bacon o