“Everything we expected it to be.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sticky Walnut

Sticky Walnut
Ranked #8 of 554 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$0 - US$111
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Everything we expected it to be.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a simple lunch on my birthday. Beef tartare that ticked all the boxes. Perfect combination of flavours and the polenta chips were a perfect accompaniment. Rich and flavoursome pâté. Homemade focaccia that I couldn't stop ramming in my mouth. Creme brûlée with a perfect crust and consistency and a truly stunning parfait. All gorgeous and all backed up by friendly and efficient service. Do yourself a favour and go. We are so lucky to have such a great neighbourhood restaurant in the area. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Trettie

Wimborne, United Kingdom
“Dinner at the Sticky Walnut”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

An interesting menu, which is not run of the mill. Food is very good if a little "posey" and service was excellent. Not the cheapest, but worth a visit for something a bit different.

• Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Slipping from what they once were”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

When we are in the area we always like to go to the ‘Sticky Walnut’. So on the 19th July we took some good friends for dinner.

Quite frankly I think they have gone off the boil. Had a fantastic write up in the Guardian which has gone to their head.

Looking at what I had :
• Rosemary and thyme focaccia much reduced from what it used to be. It used to be the focaccia with oil separately now just a few slices of coated focassia
• Signature dish ‘Sticky Walnut ‘. Much reduced portion and presentation a shadow of its former self.
• Risotto. Very pleasant but a meagre portion

They’ll need to dramatically improve to regain their old reputation

Visited July 2014
6 Thank DerwentWalker
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and our Four year old son have had a early evening tea together at our local bistro in hoole. We have eaten at this bistro several times before, day time and evening, and have never been disappointed.
Pre dinner drinks Cosmo's were as good as we have had at any cocktail bar in Europe.
Starters of beef tartare & pigeon were wonderful.
Our son was presented with a board of home made chicken strips and wedges .
Our mains of sea bass & shin of beef were wonderful .
Staff matched the wines wonderfully.
We all shared deserts of sticky toffee and and chocolate delice. We have eaten at many landmark restaurants and this is one of the best. The staff are very well polished and give a great front of house service.
As a Foodie this place is a wow!

2 Thank Stephen P
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Food - small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I could cut and paste a review from Bill and Bob.
"I had roast stone bass, saffron paella, squid ink and basil as my main dish but with the 2 pieces of fish were tiny!"
Fantastic tasting food but my two pieces of fish could be covered by a debit card. I thought if fish were that small you had to throw them back in the sea.
Far too small for a main. Fortunately the waitress paid attention to my plight and I had another serving. (Still not enough)
I do like tasty food yet I'd like to leave full but that night; a starter, two mains a desert, I really did think a trip to the Sea Breeze was imminent.

• Visited July 2014