“Sticky Walnut”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Sticky Walnut”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had a lovely meal with some very good friends.

The service was great and the waitress was spot on with the wine recommendation for us. We had a beautiful fresh Alberino which complemented my hake ceviche beautifully and a wonderfully smoky Negroamaro which again paired beautifully with my lamb and potato salad. Topped off with the strawberry semifreddo and Champagne granita this was a meal to remember. This is definitely the jewel in Chester's crown.

• Visited August 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
“top marks”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I live in Bristol and how i would like to transport this Bistro there.
I took my mum here for her 80th birthday with my 82 yr old dad and my partner mandy who has a few food-fads. I'm also hard to please when it comes to restaurant meals- if I can do it better myself, then it gets the thumbs down -after a lond day's sightseeing and doing the tourist stuff around Chester, we arrived to find a friendly welcome, prompt service and just some fantastic food.
It's enough to say that all of us finished everything on our plates and each agreed that it was one of the best meals we had ever had, and that's 260+years of eating between us!

Thanks, Sticky Walnut for giving a memorable occasion on such an auspicious day.

• Visited July 2014
Thaxted, United Kingdom
“Girl friends birthday ”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say... AMAZING!!!!
I don't normally take the time to write reviews like this but I feel I must.
Food was fantastic, staff very friendly, atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable.
Will be visiting again soon!
Thank you for the birthday candle in my gf's desert.
Carl

2 Thank Carl H
Wrexham, Wales
“Rude, disgusting service ”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Disgusting service experienced whilst trying to book a table for a family occasion for 2 people .. Left a message on the answer machine (as directed) on Friday leaving full detail and asking for a call back. On Monday I still hadn't heard, so called back. I explained to the female who answered the phone I was awaiting a call back to which she abruptly informed all messages were responded to every morning. I informed her I has not had any missed calls or answer machine messages so I most definitely had not had my message returned. She then continued to check availability for the date in mind and quickly informed me they were full. I expressed my disappointment saying if only someone would have been so polite to call me back I could have booked elsewhere by now... she then informed me they had been booked up for weeks (not that this had any relevance?) and as I went to say goodbye as disappointed as I was, she hung up on me!!! Absolutely disgusted with this as I was in no way rude to her and did not think my request was unreasonable. We were very much looking forward to going to this restaurant for the first time but will most definitely take our custom elsewhere.

46 Thank simondcooke
Chester, United Kingdom
“This place is amazing!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was our second visit to Sticky and our first Sunday lunch experience. I opted for the crispy lambs tongue to start and my girlfriend ordered the pate which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Again I went for the stuffed and rolled pork belly for main and it was wonderful, my girlfriend ordered the lamb and enjoyed it very much. The staff are incredibly welcoming in a very relaxing way, this I like!

I can not believe that some people leave negative reviews for a restaurant of this quality! Both the food and service are second none and we will DEFINITELY be visiting again very soon! I feel so lucky that my favourite restaurant is only a short walk from where I live and would like to pass on my appreciation to the whole team on a job well done!

• Visited August 2014