“Fine dining at a competitive price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sticky Walnut

Sticky Walnut
Ranked #8 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$0 - US$111
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leek, United Kingdom
“Fine dining at a competitive price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This restaurant, in the Hoole area of Chester, is excellent. The staff are attentive without being in your face. They are all knowledgeable about the food and serve well. The food is out of this world. As good as any Michelin starred restaurant we have visited. The wine is a little expensive and expect to pay around £50 per head for three courses + aperitif, wine and coffee. Still it is good value for such excellent and imaginative food. Highly recommended..

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank george_lyn

“Disgusting !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

They shouldn't be allowed to serve food this good!!
Called for a table, answer phone!!! They called back and apologised they were full for the date i'd requested, but they could do the following week, great, I'll take it.
Crispy lamb tongue for me, pigeon for my husband, after tasting both I couldn't decide who'd made the better choice, sublime!!
Main course of chicken and gnocchi for me, stone bass and paella for him, the flavours are to die for, every time I go I'm amazed by the dishes, just brilliant , x
Service is always friendly, professional and helpful, chose the Chenin/Viognier on the back of waitress recommendation 'it's my favourite' no bloody wonder I agree x
If your looking for somewhere special that serves great food SW is it xx

3 Thank Tracey O
London, United Kingdom
“Sticky Walnut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had a lovely meal with some very good friends.

The service was great and the waitress was spot on with the wine recommendation for us. We had a beautiful fresh Alberino which complemented my hake ceviche beautifully and a wonderfully smoky Negroamaro which again paired beautifully with my lamb and potato salad. Topped off with the strawberry semifreddo and Champagne granita this was a meal to remember. This is definitely the jewel in Chester's crown.

• Visited August 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“top marks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I live in Bristol and how i would like to transport this Bistro there.
I took my mum here for her 80th birthday with my 82 yr old dad and my partner mandy who has a few food-fads. I'm also hard to please when it comes to restaurant meals- if I can do it better myself, then it gets the thumbs down -after a lond day's sightseeing and doing the tourist stuff around Chester, we arrived to find a friendly welcome, prompt service and just some fantastic food.
It's enough to say that all of us finished everything on our plates and each agreed that it was one of the best meals we had ever had, and that's 260+years of eating between us!

Thanks, Sticky Walnut for giving a memorable occasion on such an auspicious day.

• Visited July 2014
Thaxted, United Kingdom
“Girl friends birthday ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say... AMAZING!!!!
I don't normally take the time to write reviews like this but I feel I must.
Food was fantastic, staff very friendly, atmosphere relaxed and enjoyable.
Will be visiting again soon!
Thank you for the birthday candle in my gf's desert.
Carl