“Great atmosphere & service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Blackhouse Grill - Chester - CLOSED

The Blackhouse Grill - Chester
Price range: US$16 - US$112
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Lovely staff and a great ambience. Don't know if it's a nightly thing, but there was a guy on piano playing all evening which really made a difference. Went as a family with our 12 yr old and sat at the bar for a while as we weren't quite ready to eat and were very well looked after by the bar staff.
Ordered steak, which was Ok - could have been tenderer and even though I can eat mine either way (med/rare or med) I had ordered medium, but it came more med/rare. To me medium is pink, not slightly bloody. Was very tasty though, as were the chips. Daughter has the Fajita which was extremly good and well presented.
Sticky Toffee Pudding to die for was a lovely end to the evening, as was the Jaffa Cake Cocktail.
Would recommend this restaurant on the atmosphere and service of the staff, which made all the difference.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Grill on Newgat... C, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

We do have a live musician every night of the week along with special performances from various music acts during the year. Keep an eye out for upcoming music events!

We are happy to hear that your dining experience was up to our high level of standards and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

K. Kelly

Chester, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We and friends had lunch at the Blackhouse Grill today, a Sunday, and, as ever, the food and service was outstanding. The ambiance was perfect and each course was deemed excellent by us and our guests. The beef has been expertly aged which makes it very tasty. The wines were reasonably priced and perfect. We will be returning soon. Well done to everyone at the Blackhouse Grill.

chester
“first timer won,t be the last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

my youngest daughter had just joined the e-mailing list so with a 25% discount voucher on the food went for a pre birthday meal with my youngest and our better halves. booked for 7p.m. on a Monday and on arriving I must admit we were on our own however by the time we left they were sitting at the bar waiting for tables speaks volumes for a Monday night. very attentive staff and the food was up there with the best I,ve had in chester.started with the sharing platter very tasty indeed we all chose the burgers for mains two of us had the wagu the others the premium burgers, each one cooked exactly as we all asked for the premium burgers were of similar quality to the wagu ones so in future I would stick with the cheaper version,but I had to try them as I,m highly unlikely to slash out fifty five pounds for a piece of steak no matter how pampered a life it had led. various desserts followed ranging from sticky toffee pudding to lemon sorbet again lovely tasting, jools holland on the ivories provided a relaxing laid back setting.all in all I was pretty impressed I can only say if this is rated in the fifties on trip advisor the ones above must be something only gripe I was a little warm due to the spots above my head but that,s just me,and it will certainly be on my must come again list.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Great for Meat Lovers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Fabulous restaurant
Great Friday Night Atmosphere - pianist/singer provided subtle background entertainment without being intrusive
Seat backs are low so could have resulted in a 'canteen' feel but the lighting prevented this
Lots of choice on the menu
I had the fillet which was beautiful (lovely charred outer but really succulent and juicy pink middle - I had mine medium rare and it was perfectly cooked)
AMAZING fishcakes as part of the 'sharing' starter
All in all a great dining experience!

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Stylish restaurant with substance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

First visit to this restaurant and was very impressed. We had a very enjoyable lazy Sunday lunch, this restaurant has a stylish and relaxed vibe. Although the standards are high the food equals it excellent menu with something for everyone. We had prawns to start delicious with blackened cod for mains which was excellent. The cocktails are a must. Will be visiting again next time we are in Chester and recommending it to everyone.