“Almost perfect”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful meal with super service and the only mark I am taking off is for the extra charge for potatoes,vegetables and steak sauces. I find it staggering that such a good establishment with such good food and service let's itself down with these cheap tricks for veg and sauces, so disappointing. Apart from this small detail I could not fault the food and the friendly service.

Grill on Newgat... C, Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your visit. I'm glad to hear you had a great time, and hopefully will see you in the near future!

There are newer reviews for The Blackhouse Grill - Chester

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Decided to try Sunday lunch also had 20 % discount with membership card if booked on line ?The staff here very attentive and place had good atmosphere not too busy .We both opted for roast beef and first impressions food looked very nice plenty of veg and lovely York pudd but beef was a bit tough which was disappointing and food could have been bit hotter would probably go back but wouldn't have beef .

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out, to write a review about the Grill. I'm glad you enjoyed our high levels of service we offer. But im sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your roast beef. Next time you join us, please let us know so we can say hello to ensure you receive the high level of quality food we deliver.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about this restaurant.

I have eaten here on 3 separate occasions and each time I am pleasantly surprised by how good the steak is.

I had my graduation meal here with my family and each one still talk about how good the food is. A must for foodies in Chester

Grill on Newgat... C, Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,
I am happy to hear that your experience was so enjoyable and displayed the high quality standards that we strive to reach with every one of our diners. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Okay, I know it's a steakhouse but in 2014 surely there should be some consideration that (shock horror....) VEGETARIANS DO EXIST!
I took my boyfriend there for his birthday but as a veggie there is actually no choice at all. The Blackhouse Grill 'kindly' let us have fajitas. I say kindly, more of a two fingered salute really not even being given any choice. I would love to see how long a restaurant lasts if it treated meat eaters with such contempt that they're not even worth being offered an alternative. Just one main meal on the menu. Fab.
To be fair the food was good (for £95 for 2 courses for 2 people it should be really) but until they at least make a bit of effort then I can can safely say I'll put in equal effort rushing back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us but sorry you did not feel the menu did not live up to your expectation. If you dine with us again please let us know and we will be happy to go through the different options on the menu.

Kind Regards
Lee Smith

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Decided to try the grill for a Sunday lunch, staff very welcoming and friendly, we chose the Roast beef , we were asked if we wanted it either Pink or well done , so not wanting it totally rare we opted for the well done.
The beef however was very tough and did contain a few fatty bits, the veg was lovely and tasty, although not piping hot, definitely could have been hotter, we had to ask for more gravy as there didn't seem enough on the plate. The staff were lovely very helpful, and the place had a lovely atmosphere.
We would probably return... Maybe we just shouldn't have opted for the well done option for the beef.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your visit with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the service with us, but im sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your roast beef. Your comments about the quality of the food have been past on to our head chef.
We hope we can welcome you back in again soon in the near future