“Perfect anniversary”

Latymer Guest House
Ranked #43 of 76 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I gave 5/5 because me and my partner came for our anniversary and we couldnt have been happier. For the price we paid we would have expected a lot worse but we were very delighted. After a small phone call explaining why we wanted a room we were thrilled with the reception we received and the amount of effort and detail they had put in to make our stay special. I requested a small bouqet of flowers but instead was greated by a lovely big bouquet from the florist at no extra cost, breakfast brought to our door with fresh roses and on the night of our anniversary our room was covered in rose petals. The owners are very polite,helpful and caring and nothing is too much for them. Overall we couldnt have been happier and we would highly recommend to anyone who wants a fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 15 September 2013

we have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Laytmer Hotel,to coincide with the races at Chester.The owner Louise is a very friendly person,who goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable.We did have issues with the heating,but this wasn't the owners fault and Louise made sure we got a heater put in our room until she could get the problem fixed.I would definitely stay here again if I came to Chester without hesitation.The rooms are basic but comfortable and there is always a friendly welcome from the owners.Rooms are clean and tidy,and I would recommend the hotel for other people wanting a pleasant stay in Chester.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

stopped here after a day at the races. We were made very welcome and the room was ready at 12pm. The lady who runs the hotel was full of excellent advice about where to go, drink and eat and rang us a taxi to go out. She gave us the taxi number so we could get back too. We were slightly late checking out the following morning but we were not rushed at all, and we were offered the chance to leave our car there if we wanted to explore Chester on the Saturday too.

Excellent value for money, would recommend to anyone. Great racecourse, going again next summer holidays and DEFO stopping here!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnandVicky23
Reviewed 27 August 2013

For £30 a night, I wasn't expecting much, just somewhere to lay my head. I got a very warm welcome, a spotlessly clean, spacious room, a host who remembered my name and that I liked tea with my breakfast. Louise really went above and beyond the call of duty. Remember the price, people - if you want a gourmet breakfast, someone standing behind a reception desk 24 hours a day and a designer wet room, then feel free to pay three times the price and stay somewhere else. I was very pleased with my stay and the value for money.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a good size twin room upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Owner was lovely and really took time to find out where we like to go and direct us to where would suit us.
Room was ok, dusty and the bed had a really annoying creak everytime you moved! Plus there was someone else's empty shower gel left in the shower so this hadn't been cleaned :-/.
As my boyfriend is a fireman he wasn't impressed by the dodgy plug sockets and wiring :-/!
There are no bins in the room so we left our rubbish!
Was really looking forward to a fried breakfast in the morning when hungover, however just toast, pastries, yogurts and cereals, which would have been fine if I wasn't hungover! The option for fried breakfast would have been nice.
The location is really good, only a few pounds in a taxi and free parking was a bonus.
I've paid the same money for a night in a nicer hotel so probably wouldn't go back to this one. However like said previously the owner is lovely and makes a real effort which was really nice but without her effort my marks would probably be lower, sorry :-(.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, Louise was a really nice host, but the room was naff, basic is an understatement & we couldn't put any clothes on the wardrobe as it smelt damp. Breakfast was a real eye opener - usually with bed & breakfast u get a full English, but this was just toast & cheap cheese & ham, left very hungry.

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, lovely owner who bent over backwards to get us in after initial confusion on booking (long story!). I will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to anyone thinking about Chester as a destination! 10 minute taxi ride to the centre, corner shop, cash point and post office a 2 minute walk down the road. They only take cash so a local cash point came in handy!! Just lovely!