“5* sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Upstairs at the Grill is a split-level Manhattan-style steakhouse and intimate cocktail bar located in Chester City Centre. Open Monday to Thursday from 5pm and from 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we offer our guests the opportunity to explore our selection of locally sourced dry aged beef and extensive wine list. We look forward to welcoming you to Upstairs at the Grill.Upstairs At The Grill is available for a range of private parties, birthday parties, working lunches, business meetings or wedding receptions. Whether an intimate table of 2, party of 8 or an all-out celebration for 80, we’re here to help.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited the restaurant for Sunday lunch on the 13th of July. We hadn't booked, but due to our early arrival we managed to get a table. I am so glad we did, the food was amazing, the best Sunday lunch I have had in a while. We had only traveled to Chester for the day from the Midlands, but will definitely be going back. As for the comment about price, I thought for the delicious, good quality food we had, it was worth every penny, and not at all expensive. The wine was also well priced and complimented my food greatly.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We visited this restaurant on Sunday July the 13th as we were visiting Chester for a few days. My girlfriend booked the table for a birthday treat. Upon arrival we opted to go upstairs for cocktails and drinks, my glass of Bellini was £9 pound, which I thought was expensive. We then proceeded to order a bottle of white. When it came it looked like a cheap Chilean screw top wine, for like 22 pounds ( it was garbage to be honest). Also I've been to many restaurants and they kept taking the bottle away every time they poured it, ( I like the wine I pay for left on the table).
I ordered my starter of prawns, they were cooked nicely, but they came with a litre of oil in the dish for 9.50, the table next to us ordered the scallops and you get 2!!! Tiny scallops for 12.50. Joke!!
The stakes which they make a big palaver of explaining how they are fed, killed bla bla we're not the most tender I have eaten, my 12 oz was 23.95 NO SIDES AT ALL!! Even the sauce comes separate, I ordered potatoes rocket and sauce to fill me up , and it cost me 32.95 all together, the others at my table was the same I'm afraid. Far toooo expensive. I'll never return. Overrated.

7  Thank mariosripon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Quite simply, this is the best restaurant in Chester. But ring ahead and book, this place is popular!

1  Thank ropemonkey09
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stumbled across this place on my way to the Brasserie at the Grosvenor and though I'd give it a try.

The atmosphere and service were good, but the tiger prawn starter was rather average, with the prawns being slightly overlooked.

had a rump for main which I thought again was average, but the blue cheese sauce roast sweet potato and garlic accompaniment were good.

They did have gluten free rolls and and the sauces with the steaks are gluten free too.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had no reservation and were actually seated upstairs in the bar area. The area had a great ambience and the waiters and waitresses were very attentive at all times. My starter of Pate was excellent and my partner had the scallops, which she described as "Lush" We bith had the steak as a main with a side serving of tomatoes and onions as well as fries. The steak was done exactly as we asked. After that we had no room for puddings. We had a Chilean Cabernet Sauviignon which was reasonably priced for a good retaurant