“Excellent bakery”
Review of Gerrards

Gerrards
Ranked #6 of 6 Bakeries in Chester
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I always bring my American undergraduates here to show them a good British bakery. They absolutely love it. I myself buy more lunches here than anywhere in our nine days in Chester, partly because the prices are so reasonable and partly because the food is so good. This is my fifth summer using Gerrards and I've never had a bad experience with the food or anything but kindness and courtesy from the staff. I find the extremely negative reviews here absolutely inexplicable.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here after walking the Chester Walls circuit.
The ladies serving were welcoming and pleasant as they served our ranged of goodies that we chose for lunch.
I had 2 cheese & onion pasties which were bigger than I thought so saved one for later . The pastry was lovely and flaky and the filling was full and hot. Overall a delicious pasty. For my cake I chose an icing covered Danish which was fresh and really tasty.
The rest of my family wolfed their goodies and all agreed we'd had a delicious lunch.
Recommended to anyone in search of a quick snack - there's only a couple of stools to sit at so would recommend you find somewhere else to sit if there's a few of you. Great location for chester walls.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Popped in to buy some rolls for our tea and ended up getting some very lovely looking custard tarts. Very good price served by a lovely polite lady. Will pop in again when we are in Chester.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This is my favourite bakery in Chester. My American undergraduates all love it too. It is far superior to anything they have in the US and has a far wider range of offerings. The pastries and confections are very good in quality. I'm particularly partial to their sausage rolls and welsh oat cakes. If you are worried that the pies aren't warm enough, just ask them to heat it. The staff are lovely and will surely oblige. I'm not sure why some previous reviewers have an axe to grind. I've been coming to Gerrard's for several years and love it.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

It isn't as cheap as other places but the quality is excellent, some of the best sausage rolls and cakes I've tried