“Always great”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have eaten here many times but this is the first time I have written a review as I have only recently started to use Tripadvisor. We dined here a week ago and had an excellent meal, as alwaysl. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are willing to adapt the menu to suit your requirements not that ever needs that much adjusting.

The atmosphere is always very pleasant and the staff are very welcoming and attentive.

There was a glorious fire to welcome you which is always a plus on a dark and dismal evening.

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Ate at The Goshawk last Thursday with my sister, I ordered the chicken stuffed with chorizo and my sister ordered the 10oz gammon steak. Both were delicious and served to a very high standard. The staff were all very polite and attentive and the general atmosphere was lovely! Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My Partner and I now eat regularly at the Goshawk as we've not had a bad experience yet. There have been a few small issues but staff are very skilled at rectifying any problem and thats half the battle when it comes to customer service. The food, most importantly, is of good quality. The menu is varied but is a little boring as some of the dishes on the main course section are not very adventurous. Their seafood selection is very good however.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal here again! Great food! Brilliant service! Buzzing atmosphere! And all the staff were only too happy to meet any special requirements we had!! We will and have recommended The Goshawk to many of our friends and will definitely be returning!

1  Thank Mrsrustydog
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I really don't like to write a bad review however I feel it necessary to perhaps prompt some training. I arrived here at lunch time today, at the time it wasn't too busy. We were shown to a table for two, we had to ask for our own menu. We both ordered burgers which were awful, hard rubbery blocks of meat filled with balls of fat. I would have sent it back but the man who looked like he was in a managerial role (not the talk one) did his check back before I'd even bitten into my 'burger'. The rest of the service was poor, a gentlemen on a table near by also got up to ask for his order to be taken. Very disappointing as the Goshawk has been very popular with all my family for years.