“Great location and food”

Cove Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #7 of 227 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$8 - US$52
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled on the shoreline of Maenporth Beach, The Cove offers uninterrupted views across Falmouth Bay. A sanctuary from the bustle of reality, where you can enjoy lunch al fresco on the elevated terrace or wind down the day with the full dining experience. The Cove is an oasis of taste and visual beauty, easily one of the most picturesque spots to enjoy the real flavour of Cornish ingredients.
“Great location and food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

If you want somewhere nice for a special location, this is the place. We started the night with mojitos followed by vanilla scallops and a retro prawn cocktail. The mains were barramundi and pork loin which were perfectly cooked. Desserts were a sticky prune pudding and rhubarb creme brûlée .
Well worth a visit!

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had not been to this restaurant before, but my brother and partner have on a few occasions and came highly recommended. I wasn't disappointed as the setting was wonderful, with the views over the bay spectacular. The greeting was warm, and we sat in the front to have a bottle of Prosecco before the meal. The food was very good, and so was the service, polite and friendly without being obtrusive. I had scallops for starter and sea bass for main, both presented beautifully and tasted exquisite. The only blip on the evening was my Brother in Laws sea bass was slightly under cooked, but this was swiftly taken away and another fresh plate brought about 5 minutes later. This didn't affect the meal though, as we were enjoying each others company too much. The staff did apologise for this and this was reflected on the bill at the end. This is a place I would definately come back to with my wife & children, for a special occasion if we are in Falmouth again later in the year.

• Visited June 2014
Aldridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely impromptu lunch.....”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Enjoyed a really good lunch on the terrace looking out to sea. Good bread and olives followed by slow braised belly pork and a carafe of perfectly chilled Italian White wine. Pleasant waiting staff completed the experience. Will visit again....

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lovedining10
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing setting, food and service - great for a special occassion”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My Husband and I choose the Cove as the setting for our family meal to celebrate our wedding. We met with Annette who was incredibly helpful and friendly and able to accommodate severe nut allergies and our preferences for plain, simple food. The setting is absolutely fantastic and the restaurant has very good for access (including wheelchair access). There is one disabled parking bay (on a slope) and level access throughout the resturant including use of the facilities. We used the glass room for our meal so we could enjoy the amazing view and we provided various decorations for the room, which looked lovely. The service that we received was absolutely fantastic, polite, friendly and unobtrusive but very attentive. The food was incredible. They created an anti-pasti style starter with our favourite foods which was fantastic. I had duck for the main course and it was delicious and my husband had a fantastic steak and the chocolate truffle desert was amazing. This was the best meal in as long as I can remember and it made our celebrate very special We've been back already (to celebrate two months of marriage!) and the meal was eqully fantastic. I would highligh recommend the Cove Resturant.

• Visited May 2014
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Fourth Review - very good but not amazing”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

For the first time, I went to The Cove and was a bit underwhelmed. I've been here any number of times in the last ten years and this is my fourth review. The Cove is my go-to restaurant for top quality nosh in amazing surroundings. My family love it, it impresses people who are visiting, and although it's pricey it's the place I always book if I want my meal to be extra special. So my husband booked a table for Sunday lunch on my birthday and I was really looking forward to it. However, things did not quite work out as anticipated. My husband ordered the veggie dish - asparagus on toasted quinoa, beetroot, lemon and walnuts. It was incredibly sweet. The lemon took the form of cubes of what looked and tasted like jellified lemon curd. The walnuts were also strangely sweet and sticky. The portion size, for £11, was very small. He did not really enjoy it much. I had the fish and chips - one piece of cod and one of river trout. I'm not sure that battering and frying a river trout is the right way to go after this experience. And strangely enough the layer of peas that it was all resting on was also incredibly sweet and the taste of tarragon was very strong. The successes in this meal were my mum's confit of chicken which she loved and looked really well cooked, and my daughter's tempura prawns which are an old favourite of hers. The cheese board and a spectacular chocolate desert rounded things off. But on this occasion it seems as though The Cove was taking culinary innovation a step too far with the result that two dishes were poorly balanced in terms of flavour and one of these also represented poor value. This was not The Cove's finest hour. However, in an important PS to all this, we took my brother-in-law there for a drink the other night and the waitress forgot to bring out one glass of wine. I went in to chase it up and a few minutes later a bowl of bread and oil was delivered to our table with the compliments of the manager due to the muddle up. That's a nice touch. In general, I still really really like The Cove and I will be back.

• Visited June 2014