“Good food great service”
Review of 5 Degrees West

5 Degrees West
Ranked #34 of 229 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a large Bar & Grill in the heart of Falmouth, we easily cater for large groups and welcome children and dogs. Our large menu guarantees something for everybody from a range of vegetarian dishes to the best burgers in town! Our bar is well stocked and staffed by friendly helpful people, see you soon!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Came with with some friends who were down from London and we are all very impressed. The service was great and they managed to get me something on the menu that was sold out. Would highly recommend the trio pork.

There are newer reviews for 5 Degrees West

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stopped in here for a drink, very good beer and a friendly atmosphere, would recommend a visit and we will try food next time one here

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went there at the weekend with a Hen Night. Our waitress was amazing, she helped everyone with what they could order and waited for more people to come. The food came so quickly, and was soo delicious. Such good value for what we had. Have recommended this restaurant to all my friends already. Can't wait to go back again with my family to try something else.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a week in Falmouth, and visited this pub/restuarant for food and drinks 3 times. Prior to the 1st visit, I popped in to speak to someone re my dietry condition, ie Coeliac, it is very important I avoid Gluten. The lady who I spoke to happened to be the Chef, she was amazing and stopped what she was doing to assure me that there would be no problems. This turned out so true. When we arrived Louise as was the Chefs name had pre advised the Waitress of my diet. I ordered my food, but as Louise was unsure if anyone had cooked anything in oil, she offered to make me an alternative. The waitresses Freya, was also very accomodating. My 2nd visit was also the same , however on my 3rd visit, it was completely different, Louise or Freya were not on duty. The current chef refused to do me an alternative to chips as he did not have time. I asked for some rice instead, advising that there were 6 of us and we would leave. He eventually agreed, but oh, the rice was grey and sticky, would have made good wallpaper paste. I asked to see the manager, who agreed it was unsatisfactory, she however provided me with a snack, and obviously took my meal off the bill. 5 degrees is in a lovely location, lovely building, but I would advise you to eat there, but only if Louise was cooking.....

Reviewed 22 July 2014

When i 1st walked past on a sunny evening, i wasn't sure. lots of people drinking and hanging about on the steps outside. It looked like a drinking hole for locals. So i wandered in, as a sign outside said food. i was met with colourful bright decor. A good selection of real ales and ciders. quite a surprise.
If you walk past the bar, where theres a lot of people stood drinking and quite often, a band playing, it stretches back a long way to quite a large seating area, this is the restaurant area where the staff will seat you. and theres even more seats outside.
The menu is varied and there are some great dishes on there. The portions are a good size and they were cooked to perfection. All served up by friendly hardworking staff.
Definitely not what i expected when i was stood outside!!

2  Thank bob_thebaldie